Environmental Specialist -
An Environmental Specialist provides dedicated disposal and transportation of waste streams to our clients. An Environmental Specialist arrives at client sites, evaluates waste streams to be shipped, samples the material to create a profile in order to ensure adherence to state and federal environmental, health and safety regulations, manifest, label, pack, load/unload waste into vans for transportation, and coordinate the transportation of waste to disposal sites. This position involves over the road driving and overnight stays to support client sites across the region.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Sample waste streams according to prescribed policies and procedures.
• Manifesting, packaging, spill clean-up response and remedial activities, labeling, loading, off loading, and coordinating transportation.
• Maintain a professional image to clients by answering inquiries and suggesting solutions to existing/potential problems.
• Comply and enforce all compliance, health, safety, and procedures in accordance with VES-TS policies.
• Become familiar with all U. S. Department of Transportation (DOT)/Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and VES-TS regulations required in submitting paper work to expedite disposal of hazardous waste.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Operate and maintain all equipment in a professional manner to
ensure optimum efficiency and effectiveness.
• High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) required
• Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or related science discipline preferred
• 40-hour HAZWOPER Certification preferred
• Outdoor work; confined space entry
• Valid Drivers License
• Ability to obtain a Class A or B Commercial Drivers License (CDL) with Hazardous (H) endorsement
At Veolia, you’ll find excellent rewards and benefits, along with the chance to make a difference in our world. We offer exceptional career-development opportunities as well as the potential to work in other destinations where our organization has a presence.
In addition to an exciting, dynamic workplace, here are some of the benefits we offer:
• Medical, dental and vision insurance
• Life and AD&D insurance
• Long- and short-term disability insurance
• Flexible benefit plans
• Voluntary group legal
• Adoption reimbursement
• College-savings plan
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
• Tuition reimbursement
• Employer matched 401(k) plan
• Paid time off to include vacation, holidays, sick and personal
• Employee referral program
• Incentive bonus programs
• Domestic and international mobility opportunities
• Sick days
• Personal days
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.