At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
When it comes to environmental consulting, we’re focused on cleaning up our communities today to improve our tomorrow. Our compliance work continues to grow, and we need an intermediate-level Environmental Engineer to support the development and implementation of environmental compliance and innovative solutions for our clients. As the Environmental Engineer you'll support air quality modeling projects. Specifically, we are looking for AERMOD modeling experience which may also include other modeling programs such as CALPUFF and CMAQ. This includes sufficient experience in developing air modeling inputs and processing outputs and experience from the start of a project through execution of a final modeling report and preparation of a deliverable.
Based in Houston, TX you’ll have the opportunity to support multi-media compliance, including air quality and air modeling, while working to mentor and fill a gap between junior and senior level support. You’ll have the opportunity to work with other multi-media environmental projects, regulatory strategy, compliance and permitting. We have a long-term need to support various compliance projects for private and public sector, and internal and external clients. Bring your enthusiasm for learning and desire to conserve our natural resources, and we’ll help you grow!
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Environmental Science, or other related field from a U.S. accredited college or university.
• Minimum of 5 years of environmental compliance multi-media experience, with an emphasis on air quality permitting and modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Proficiency developing modeling inputs for air dispersion models including AERMOD
• Experience navigating modeling requirements for permitting and compliance and other air dispersion needs
• Experience developing reports and technical memorandums for private and public sector clients including confidential clients
Ideally, You’ll Also Have:
• Oil and Gas and/or Chemicals background/experience
• Ability to drive projects to completion on time and on budget
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Ability to mentor and train junior staff
• Experience programing in R, Python or Mathlab and databases
• Experience preparing inputs and processing outputs for CMAQ or other air quality models and prognostic models like WRF
• Experience in the use of GIS tools
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.