Mott MacDonald is a leading, employee-owned global management, engineering and development consultancy with £1 billion revenue and more than 15,000 staff working in 140 countries for both the public and private sectors. Mott MacDonald’s core business sectors cover buildings, transport, energy, water, environment, health, education, industry, oil and gas, communications and international development. The company has won many commercial and industry awards, including being named ‘International Consultancy of the year’ (NCE/ACE) and being placed in the UK’s Sunday Times ‘25 Best Big Companies to Work For’ survey for 6 years running.
Our Climate Resilience and Ecosystem Services team is now looking for a motivated and outstanding consultant to support their team in the UK.
It is a friendly, busy and motivated team involved in local, national and international projects.
In addition to project work, you will be expected to proactively participate in business development activities, project management and other types of projects related to natural capital and ecosystem services.
The main responsibilities of the role include:
- Undertake Natural Capital/ecosystem services assessments ENCA, EA and BNG 2.0 and strategic assessments.
- Also undertake and guide on biodiversity net gain. Be prepared to support and or lead on natural capital projects and undertake further training immediately.
- Be prepared to travel internationally if required post-Covid.
- Assisting the wider environmental team with their assessments (primarily EIA, SEA)
- Internal business development
You will have a keen interest and enthusiasm for the subjects of natural capital and ecosystem services, The role will be suited to a versatile and quick thinker who can work independantly to pick up new concepts quickly. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills, be proactive and be enthusiastic in your approach as well as having proven experience in reasoning and presenting ideas in an astute manner . You will also have the ability to manage your own work, whilst being promoting collaborative working and be an integral member of a wider project team
- MSc in a relevant environmental subject.
- Working towards chartership or a desire to become chartered.
- Scientist with GIS skills and experience of strategic environmental assessment.,
- Understanding of terrestrial, freshwater, estuarine and (marine environments not essential but useful) and water industry.
- Independent thinker who works well in a collaborative team environment.
- Demonstrable knowledge or interest in natural capital / sustainable development, and relevant policy / legislation in the UK.
We can offer:
- Pension matched up to 7%
- Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave
- An annual professional institution subscription
- Life insurance
- Enhanced parental leave
- Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance
- Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
For more information about our Environment sector click here
For more information about our Water sector click here