LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2020, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the third consecutive year.
Reporting to the Global Enterprise Architect, the Enterprise Solution Architect serves as the primary architect for LyondellBasell's functional strategy. The Enterprise Solution Architect works closely with information technology, Digital and business leaders/partners to define the vision, develop the strategy and implement the Solution architecture for LyondellBasell's enterprise IT. The Enterprise Solution Architect will be responsible for defining Solution management and governance practices then shepherding into execution with global delivery teams. The architect will also have primary responsibility for ensuring our application and engineering teams have the necessary information and guidance to implement Solution solutions. The architect is a champion for designing cloud solution, data analysis and logical data modeling and provides technical mentoring to other IT solution architects to support skills development for all business functions.
- Develop, maintain and evangelize architecture strategy to include reference architecture and standards and assist business with best practices
- Develops and guides the overall solution governance structure
- Defining vision, strategy, and principles for functional solutions and roadmaps in collaboration with IT, risk and security, Digital and business to support the LyondellBasell's strategies and priorities
- Defining standards for naming, describing, governing, managing, modeling, cleansing, enriching, transforming, moving, storing, searching, and delivering data within the enterprise
- End-to-end solutions architectural accountability for defining and refining enterprise architecture
- End-to-end data architectural accountability for defining and refining enterprise architecture for data warehousing and business intelligence solutions;
- Understanding how data is, or will be, used and implication on people, processes, products, and technology;
- Define and develop a Solution migration or bridging strategy for existing systems that need to migrate to a next generation application software platform;
- Define data standards/reference architectures for use by project teams in developing technical designs and work closely with business units to establish and validate data design requirements;
- Evaluate, propose and run/govern the proof of concepts for new technologies which could result in differentiating capabilities for the business;
- Deliver well-defined data design documentation and data models that guide and inform project software, development teams;
- Define performance and scalability requirements and validate based on performance and scalability testing;
- Provide thought leadership to evolving enterprise solutions.
- Be prepared to own development and execution of data (both master data & transactional data) plans required for successful implementations
- Work with project managers, business partners and other stakeholders to ensure proper co-ordination and execution of plans
Roles & Responsibilities
- Proven leadership ability
- Demonstrated executive presence and influence, ability to build client relationships and create client satisfaction throughout the application lifecycle
- Ability to set and manage priorities judiciously
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Exceptionally self-motivated and directed
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional service orientation
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Comfortable to perform well under pressure.
Area of Expertise
- Develop, maintain and evangelize solution architecture strategy to include reference architecture and standards and assist business with best practices
- Working knowledge of Enterprise Architecture principles, methods, and tools; understanding of data management;
- Ability to understand how the data relates to the current operations and the effects that any future process changes will have on the use of data in the organization;
- Ability to translate business needs into architecture requirements;
- Ability to maximize the data resources by reducing redundancy, enabling accessibility within security boundaries, fostering corporate understanding of the meaning of the data (metadata management);
- Understand the relationships across the business process and data flows;
- Strong knowledge, experience and hands on capabilities with container engines such as Azure Kubernetes, Azure App Service Containers, Docker, AWS Elastic Container Service, etc.)
- Experience with one or more of the following programming languages: C#, Node.js, JSON, C++, Java, PHP, Perl, Python, Ruby on Rails, Pig/Hive
- Experience with scalable architectures using Azure App Service, API management, serverless technologies (Azure Functions), container orchestration (e.g. Kubernetes, Cloud Foundry etc.), API management, microservice frameworks etc.
- Experience with software development practices including DevOps and Continuous Integration (CI)/Continuous Deployment (CD) tool chains (e.g. Azure for DevOps, Jenkins, Spinnaker, Chef, Puppet)
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and data stewards to assess current pain points and areas for improvement;
- Must be able to understand and communicate the data requirements of any future infrastructure needs;
- Experience in data integration and data conversions;
- Natural ability to coordinate and facilitate diverse teams of different skill sets, backgrounds, cultures and languages
- Good understanding of key functional process streams as well as Project Management skills
- Ability to conduct and facilitate workshops with business representatives, management and executive, team member resources, and external 3rd party groups
- Problem solving skills that use techniques to identify the root cause of the issue and then ability to clearly communicate (verbal/orally) this position.
- Advanced communication skills with a demonstrated ability to provide advice, consult and negotiate with senior management and manage key relationships between stakeholders involved in an upgrade/implementation environment.
- Comfortable in adapting working hours to align with demands of communication across multiple time zones.
- Oversee change management related activities during the deployment period
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- Minimum of 10 plus years of experience in creating logical and physical data models; demonstrated experience with relational and star schema data modelling,
- Minimum of 3 plus years of experience with solutions implementation and architecture
- Experience with big data, semi-structured data
- Experience with at least one of the following: Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, and/or Google Cloud Platforms
- Minimum of 3 plus years of experience in implementing cloud programs
- Experience with BI tools and visual reporting platforms from an architecture standpoint
- Experience in development of reporting and analytics business capabilities, strategy and roadmap
- Demonstrated competency in accurately identifying the scope of work and preparing thorough, accurate and detailed schedule estimates
- Experience in migrating from on-premise enterprise data warehouse to cloud-based
- Experience with/involvement in creating and implementing cloud & data governance
- Certifications in Cloud architecture, Data Management or Data Governance a plus
- Hands-on experience or certification in TOGAF a plus
- English language, additional language preferred
CompetenciesBuilds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston