Equal Opportunity Employer : Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Manages and provides analytical insight and support for WM’s enterprise risk management (“ERM”) initiatives and activities
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Manages the day-to-day analysis, facilitation and maintenance of WM’s ERM program. Assists with periodically updating the risk assessment process to populate the ERM risk register. This includes conducting surveys and interviews with key risk owners throughout WM.
- Maintains the ERM governance framework, tools and resources and assist with providing effective communication to risk owners and the broader WM community via various channels (Teams, SharePoint, Yammer, email, conference calls, presentations, etc.) to ensure engagement across the organization that fosters integrating ERM into strategic decision making.
- Supports WM’s risk appetite model to perform quarterly updates and utilize the scenario forecasting capabilities to conduct in-depth analysis regarding specific strategic decisions.
- Partners with risk owners to assist in more granular risk assessments for priority risks and lead risk quantification modeling exercises. This will include collecting, analyzing and visualizing risk data to drive new insights, both at the individual risk level as well as from a portfolio level perspective.
- Assists with preparing summarized reports and presentations to aid in Senior Leadership Team and Board of Director discussions.
- Assists with the implementation and utilization of ERM Software (SAI) to capture, organize and report on ERM activities.
- Partners and collaborate with Internal Audit and Compliance teams to facilitate improved risk awareness and leverage risk management activities.
- Take on ad hoc / special projects within the Treasury & Risk Management department.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
No supervisory skills are required in this job.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education : Bachelor’s Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Business Administration, Quantitative Finance or Applied Mathematics or similar area of study, or in lieu of, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Experience : Five (5) years of relevant experience with demonstrated growth in responsibilities and contributions (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- None Required.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel proficiency;
- Expert modeling and managing data in Excel and statistical software;
- Ability to recognize patterns and trends in large data sets and use quantitative analysis to develop business strategies;
- Strong quantitative, organization, critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Good presentation, research, verbal and written skills; and
- Data visualization software (PowerBI / Tableau) experience preferred but not required initially.
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is : office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply.