*** The official job title of this position is a Financial Analyst I, II or III ***
*** This position may be filled as a Financial Analyst I, II or III depending on the skills and qualifications of the candidate. ***
* This position may be filled in The Woodlands, TX or New Orleans, LA *
Entergy Corporation is an integrated energy company engaged primarily in electric power production and retail distribution operations. Entergy owns and operates power plants with approximately 30,000 megawatts of electric generating capacity, including 8,000 megawatts of nuclear power. Entergy delivers electricity to 2.9 million utility customers in Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, and Texas. Tracing its history to 1913 and headquartered in New Orleans, Louisiana, Entergy has annual revenues of $11 billion and more than 13,000 employees.
The company’s utility business provides electric retail and wholesale power to customers in four states through five utility operating companies: Entergy Arkansas, LLC; Entergy Louisiana, LLC; Entergy Mississippi, LLC; Entergy New Orleans, LLC; and Entergy Texas, Inc. Entergy also delivers natural gas services to 200,000 customers in New Orleans and parts of Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Entergy is winding down its wholesale generation business, which provides power to wholesale customers primarily from our two remaining nuclear facilities located in the northern United States.
The electric utility industry is rapidly changing, and Entergy is entering an exciting period of growth as we prepare for the future. We are building the premier utility, a utility that delivers sustainable value to all its stakeholders – our customers, employees, communities, and owners – as measured by strong net promoter scores, high levels of service, superior and affordable products and services, highly skilled and engaged employees, and industry-leading financial performance. We are focusing our sights on three key priorities – customer centricity, continuous improvement, and creating a culture of belonging for our employees. Join us as we take the next step on our journey to building the premier utility.
This position supports the operation and advancement of Entergy’s Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program to ensure that the ERM process is implemented in a manner that is consistent with Entergy’s approach and adds value to the business in managing risks.
The position also supports the corporate risk committee process for identifying the risks to certain investment decisions.
The successful candidate will gain valuable exposure to diverse Entergy functions through interactions with key personnel at all levels of the enterprise.
- Support the ERM program’s objectives to identify, evaluate, mitigate, and monitor the company’s operational and strategic risks.
- Participate in risk discussions with business leaders on risk issues and risk management methodologies
- Support efforts to continually monitor, assess and communicate emerging risks throughout the organization to evaluate the impact of potential new risks
- Support efforts to identify, define, and monitor key risk indicators
- Participate in the development of risk dashboards, such as combining information tracked at the enterprise level with information obtained through discussion with business leaders
- Prepare effective presentation materials for internal meetings and presentations
- Efficiently manage ERM information across multiple systems, including Entergy’s Governance Risk & Compliance tool, Archer.
- Support efforts to continually improve the ERM program, including through periodic benchmarking activities
- Support further integration of the ERM program with other processes, such as the capital budgeting process and the Corporate Risk Committee process
- Contribute to providing comprehensive reviews of proposed investments submitted to the Corporate Risk Committee.
- Support efforts to enhance the Corporate Risk Committee process.
Minimum education required of the position
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, Economics, Risk Management or related field
Minimum experience required of the position
- Experience in Enterprise Risk Management or related functions, particularly in large, complex organizations, or similar experience
- Financial Analyst I: 0-2 years of experience
- Financial Analyst II: 2-4 years of experience
- Financial Analyst III: 3-5 years of experience
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position
- Effective written and verbal communications skills, able to present complex issues simply and to reach audiences with different perspectives and educational backgrounds
- Excellent problem-solving techniques and quantitative, analytical skills
- Strong decision-making skills, attentive to details, works well under pressure and able to meet deadlines, uses data to drive decisions
- Ability to organize and manage a complex workload and projects in a fast-paced environment
- Well-developed interpersonal, organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to influence and align colleagues and stakeholders
- Emotionally intelligent—patient and self-aware, able to maintain balance amid opposition and change, multi-culturally aware and sensitive
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Power BI and similar software
- SharePoint Administration
Primary Location: Texas-The Woodlands
Job Function: Professional
FLSA Status: Professional
Relocation Option: No Relocation Offered
Union description/code: NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings: 1
Req ID: 101539
Travel Percentage:Up to 25%
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Minority/Female/Disability/Vets. Please click here to view the full statement.
As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.