LyondellBasell (NYSE: LYB) is one of the largest plastics, chemicals and refining companies in the world. Driven by its employees around the globe, LyondellBasell produces materials and products that are key to advancing solutions to modern challenges like enhancing food safety through lightweight and flexible packaging, protecting the purity of water supplies through stronger and more versatile pipes, improving the safety, comfort and fuel efficiency of many of the cars and trucks on the road, and ensuring the safe and effective functionality in electronics and appliances. LyondellBasell sells products into more than 100 countries and is the world's largest producer of polypropylene compounds and the largest licensor of polyolefin technologies. In 2021, LyondellBasell was named to Fortune Magazine's list of the 'World's Most Admired Companies' for the fourth consecutive year.
Reporting to the Enterprise Cloud and Data Architect Leader, the Enterprise MDM Architect will contribute to various master data initiatives across LYB. The role will require collaboration with business stakeholders, D&A CoE, and data stewards to establish governance, best practices and define the overall strategy around Data, Data Governance and Data Management.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Plan and lead MDM requirement analysis sessions with business users
- Define measurable metrics per subject area to support a robust and successful deployment of an MDM platform
- Define requirements for data matching and merging rules, survivorship criteria and data stewardship workflows
- Thorough understanding of master data hierarchy management
- Provide subject matter expertise on data architecture and data integration implementations
- Responsible for generating data management architecture patterns.
- Understands and leverages enterprise architecture principles for cross-functional purposes
- Participates in products roadmap planning, recommending technologies and solutions
- Identifies and proposes new opportunities for data integration.
- Understand LYB business processes related to order to cash, procure to pay, record to report, manufacturing, and supply chain.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, MIS, Math or related field required.
- 10+ years design, implementation, consulting, pre-sales experience with regulated environments.
- At least five (5) years direct experience in Data, Database and ETL development, support and operations using IBM Data Stage/ Microsoft SQL Server/ MDS with emphasis on Data quality.
- Deep understanding of master data importance (including data model and attribute level information) in SAP and ability to guide the client resources while establishing the data governance organization.
- Experience leading complex SAP projects working with cross-functional teams of Business, IT, and Compliance teams
- Experience developing and reviewing SAP configuration for master data (both ECC and MDG) using SAP implementation guide.
- Implementation experience with SAP Enterprise Information Management technologies such as SAP S/4MDG, Data Services, and Information Steward.
- Implementation experience with Informatica MDM and/or Talend MDM.
- Exposure to and conceptual understanding of data integration tools and technologies
- Troubleshooting and analytical skills.
- Good communication and collaboration skills.
- Client management skills.
- Experience leading, guiding and contributing to Informatica MDM/Talend MDM/SAP MDG efforts around governance, blueprinting and implementations.
- Sound experience working with Customer and Vendor master data in the context of SAP ERP.
- Contributed to establishing Informatica MDM/Talend MDM/SAP MDG (Master Data Governance) Business value with demonstrable ROI and architecture roadmaps for clients.
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with Informatica MDM/Talend MDM/SAP MDG (Master Data Governance) Architecture and development.
- Solid conceptual knowledge around Data Management, data quality and data governance.
- Certifications such as SAP Certifications or Data Management certifications are preferred.
Builds effective teamsCollaboratesCultivates innovationCustomer focusDemonstrates courageDrives resultsEnsures accountabilityInstills trust and exemplifies integrity
Must be at least 18 years of age and must be legally authorized to work in the United States (US) on a permanent basis without visa sponsorship.
LyondellBasell does not accept or retain unsolicited résumés or phone calls and/or respond to them or to any third party representing job seekers.
LyondellBasell is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The US EEO is the Law poster is available here.
Nearest Major Market: Houston