Oxy is an international energy company with assets primarily in the United States, the Middle East and North Africa. We are one of the largest oil producers in the U.S., including a leading producer in the Permian and DJ basins, and offshore Gulf of Mexico. Our midstream and marketing segment provides flow assurance and maximizes the value of our oil and gas. Our chemical subsidiary OxyChem manufactures the building blocks for life-enhancing products. Our Oxy Low Carbon Ventures subsidiary is advancing leading-edge technologies and
business solutions that economically grow our business while reducing emissions. We are committed to using our global leadership in carbon management to advance a lower-carbon world. Visit oxy.com for more information.
We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Water Technology Engineer within our Land group based in Houston, TX.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Responsible for supporting Oxy’s Water Strategy & Technology (WST) programs:
- Design and/or facilitate implementation of oil field water test programs to drive capital expenditure (CAPEX) efficiency and operating expense (OPEX) improvements in the areas of produced water treatment, recycle, oil in water separation, microbial treatment, and desalination technologies.
- Undertake the responsibilities and learnings necessary to apply Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) modeling in support of Oil-in-Water separation, and other water and gas related projects. Assess, report and recommend operational changes and equipment needs as well as design based upon CFD results. Assist business units and WST with project design, scope, expeditious plan and implementation
- Support as needed methane hydrate issues within Gulf of Mexico operations with assessment of conditions leading to formation thereof and recommendations to mitigate hydrate formation.
- Monitor, track and analyze data trends to ascertain success or necessity of operational or pilot program changes. Report on progress and provide program advancement recommendations to WST team and business units.
- Field support of water technology programs inclusive of sampling, monitoring, troubleshooting, data tracking and organizing, sample supplies procurement, and arranging sample shipments.
- Support enhancements of the Corporate Water Dashboard and expansions to support Oxy’s various Groups and respective needs. Advance the corporate water dashboard and support of external corporate water reporting metrics.
- Support and drive development of algorithmic techniques for deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA) sequencing, geochemistry, and data analytics of drill cuttings and fluids. Manage and improve upon DNA data processing, analysis, gathering, organization, storage database, and mapping through the support of Data Analytics or other.
- Liaison between supply chain management and business unit to help with vendor registration process, issue purchase orders, track the status and delivery of respective program equipment and supplies.
- Support team projects organization, implementation, and corporate data base reporting programs.
- Must stay abreast of emerging technologies through involvement conferences, papers, upstream and service company information, along with other avenues. Selection of a narrowed number of leads and then follow-up that can give Oxy a competitive advantage is the end product
- Working knowledge of OFM software, GraphWorX or other sources and assess relative to water technology programs a plus