Iberdrola's newly created Retail e-Solutions organization is seeking talented candidates who are passionate about innovation, green energy and delivering smart customer solutions. We are seeking self-driven, passionate and ambitious individuals to join our fast paced, dynamic organization. Now is the best time to join our company and grow your career with us.
The Wholesale Energy Management Lead would be in charge of energy product pricing, daily position balancing and wholesale key figures management and reporting. He/she would also be in charge of updating and redesigning if necessary, the database structure of the Department. While the focus is currently in ERCOT, this role's responsibilities will expand as Iberdrola Solutions builds its U.S. Retail business beyond ERCOT. The successful candidate will become an expert in all markets in which Iberdrola is, and intends on, doing business.
• Transforming the actual Database Structure based in excel into an SQL based Database.
• Calculating Prices for the different energy products Iberdrola Solutions is offering or wants to offer to all kind of customers (Residential, Business, Industries).
• Track the Wholesale Position in every market, taking into consideration different inputs and scenarios.
• Coordinate the hedges in the Future's Market with the corresponding counterparties.
• Wholesale Margin; actuals analysis and forecast.
• Backtest analysis of the activity.
• Assist IT, Trading, Reporting, Settlements and specially Marketing groups on a daily basis to manage the flow of information.
• Analysis of customer's demand; actuals and forecasts.
• Analysis of Ercot's Prices (Futures, Day-Ahead and Real Time); actuals and forecasts.
• Demand Forecasting.
• Deep knowledge of the Wholesale Markets where Iberdrola Solutions is present (Ercot so far).
• Analysis of new markets for potential new business opportunities.
Skills and Requirements
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Finance, or Business Administration, or a combination of education and experience.
• Proficient skills in SQL or similar programming language, preferably 2-3 years related work experience.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to work independently.
• Ability to communicate detailed information effectively.
Additional Success Factors:
• 3+ years of organized energy market experience with background in wholesale energy (front and/or mid-office).
• Travel when needed to assist and collaborate with other teams in the Company to better understand their needs.
• Assist Marketing team with their pricing requirements.
• Collaborate with Avangrid Renewables Origination team to explore business opportunities (bilateral deals, new development, etc.) as the load of Iberdrola Solutions expands.
• Knowledge of Spanish.
Avangrid employees may be assigned a system emergency role and in the event of a system emergency, may be required to work outside of their regular schedule/job duties. This is applicable to employees that will work in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, and New York within AVANGRD Network and Corporate functions. This does not include those that will work for Avangrid Renewables
AVANGRID's employment practices and policies are geared to hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive culture. At AVANGRID we provide fair and equal employment and advancement opportunities for all employees and candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. Learn more about equal employment by following this link
If you are an individual with a disability or a disabled veteran who is unable to use our online tool to search for or to apply for jobs, you may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting our Human Resources department at 203-499-2777 or [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Energy