SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Do you want to be a part of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of a team.
We value your contributions. Our employee recognition programs encourage our teams to raise the bar. We are currently seeking a EMT to join our family. Come be a part of the change!
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, employee stock purchase program. We would love to talk to you about this fantastic opportunity.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood – Kingwood, Texas
Emergency Medical Tech (EMT) - Emergency Room
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is a 439-bed acute care facility that has provided quality care to the Lake Houston area for over 25 years. It is home to the area’s only comprehensive cardiac, neuroscience and women services programs. Our Women & Children’s Center provides Level II and III neonatal intensive care units, high-risk obstetrics, a breast diagnostic center, a designated pediatric unit, and the area’s only pediatric emergency department.
HCA Houston Healthcare Kingwood is affiliated with HCA Houston Healthcare, part of the HCA Healthcare Gulf Coast Division. The division is a comprehensive network of hospitals, outpatient surgery centers, emergency centers and diagnostic imaging facilities in greater Houston, Corpus Christi and South Texas. Facilities include: 17 hospitals, nine ambulatory care centers, 13 off-campus emergency centers, and a regional transfer center.
What you will do in this role:
- The Emergency Technician has the responsibility of supporting the mission of the hospital to be the most comprehensive, cost effective provider of quality healthcare services for the Northeast Houston area.
- Emergency Care Technician includes: Emergency Medical Technician-Basic, Intermediate, and Paramedic.
- The Emergency Technician is responsible for the administration of basic nursing procedures and or clerical duties involved with the care of hospital patients under the direction of the Registered Nurse RN.
- Duties and assignments parallel with demonstrated competencies.
- The Emergency Technician is responsible for assisting with routine patient care assignments, working in controlled and/or uncontrolled patient care situations, assisting with/in established nursing care procedures, and assisting in therapeutic, rehabilitative, and preventive activities under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
- Employee will be responsible for knowledge and skill necessary to provide care based on physical, psychological, educational, safety and related criteria for the neonate, infant child, adolescent, adult and geriatric population.
- The Emergency Technician assists the RN application of the nursing knowledge and principles of growth and development over the life span to identify patient and family requirements relative to age specific needs.
- The Emergency Technician is responsible for assisting the RN with patient movement, clerical functions and treatments as prescribed by the physician.
- Maintains in-hospital competency for performing 12-lead electrocardiogram and completes as ordered by physician.
- Maintains in-hospital competency for performing phlebotomy and completes as ordered by physician.
Formal training in their area of expertise
Texas Department of Health Certification: Emergency Medical Technician (Basic, Intermediate, or Paramedic) required
One or more years recent clinical experience in area of expertise, preferred
Current Texas license/certification preferred
American Red Cross or American Heart Association Basic Life Support Course (BLS or BCLS) and Certification
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking [Click Here to Email Your Resumé].
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine. We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but everywhere. We’re committed to improving more lives in more ways, and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of human life.