Ardurra is recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked #8 on Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms List and #23 on its Best Firms to Work For in 2020!
Ardurra is seeking an Emergency Management Public Assistance Project Specialist/Grants Manager to join our emergency management cadre staff. This position can be based anywhere in the US.
We are currently accepting resumes for future project work. Qualified candidates will be contacted once next steps have been identified. This position is a temporary/on-call basis.
The Emergency Management Public Assistance Project Specialist/Grants Manager (Project Specialist) is responsible for assisting clients in preparing FEMA Projects Worksheets (PW) for entry into FEMA's electronic "Grant Portal" system which houses all supporting documentation for the client's projects. The Project Specialist is responsible for identifying eligible damage caused by a disaster, documenting the extent and type of damage, determining the scope of work to repair the damage, and developing a cost estimate for the repair. The Project Specialist works closely with Federal, State and client's staff and must be able to clearly communicate aspects of the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) program. The Project Specialist/Grant Manager will also work with Ardurra clients, Recipients, and FEMA to properly document, review, manage, close-out, and support any audits related to grant funding awarded to Ardurra clients following funding approval and obligation.
Project Specialist will work across local or municipal agencies and departments to support Ardurra's clients in executing the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) recovery grants. Project Specialist will work with professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to local governments. Our goal is to provide support effectively and efficiently to those effected by man-made and natural disasters.
- Coordinating with Federal, State and clients to identify and report disaster related damages
- Performing damage site assessment visits and developing initial project list to report to FEMA (including assigning project category and preliminary cost estimate)
- Advising client (FEMA PA Applicant) on policy and program requirements and overall recovery strategy
- Collaborating with FEMA, State, and client stakeholders to develop project scopes and costs to be captured in project worksheets
- Collecting and preparing documentation to support development of project worksheets
- Development of detailed damage descriptions (DDD), scopes of work and associated cost estimates
- Anticipating and addressing special considerations
- Identifying project-specific hazard mitigation opportunities
- Completing all reports and tracking of time and expenses as required
- Gather grant data/financial documentation from the applicant's archives and assimilate each project component into spreadsheets by FEMA category to enable entry into Grant's Portal
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma, Associates or Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must maintain any current FEMA specific training certifications obtained
- Must have a sound technical knowledge base of FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedures
- Due to the nature of the work you must have strong Microsoft Office Skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use provided IT and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Ability to use FEMA Preferred delivery system (Portal) and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Must have ability to deploy to any location with a 24-48-hour notice after Task Order award
- Must be comfortable and experienced using a Smart Phone
- Must be able to work independently, in a team environment and under stressful conditions with tight deadlines
- Previous experience supporting grantees and/or sub grantees during initial phases of disaster recovery is required
- Previous Category A - G Project Work Sheet development experience is highly preferred
- Ability to travel 100% of the time for 90 days or longer dependent on assignment and work up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week while deployed to a remote location experiencing disaster impacts
- Must demonstrate a mastery of project formulation, initial project development, and entering data/documents into appropriate locations in the Grant Portal
- Must demonstrate a working knowledge of the PA Grant review process beginning with initial project development all the way through project close-out.
- Knowledge and two years' experience with FEMA Public Assistance Program/Policy
- Trained in the PA delivery model preferred
- Willing to deploy for 6-12 months
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We are not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Requisition # A000341