Ardurra is recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in the engineering consulting business, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked #8 on Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms List and #23 on its Best Firms to Work For in 2020!
Ardurra is seeking an Emergency Management Public Assistance Mitigation Specialist to join our emergency management cadre. This position may be based anywhere in the US.
We are currently accepting resumes for future project work. Qualified candidates will be contacted once next steps have been identified. This position is a temporary/on-call basis.
The Emergency Management Public Assistance Mitigation Specialist will be responsible for developing, analyzing and preparing mitigation recommendations utilizing FEMA Section 404 and 406 of the Stafford Act. The Emergency Management Public Assistance Mitigation Specialist will identify and assist with develop and review of Ardurra's or client's engineering staff developed technical applications for structural mitigation projects such as flood proofing structures, elevation of flood prone structures, soil stabilization, storm water management, and other flood control projects. The Mitigation Engineer will develop hazard mitigation proposals and review Project Worksheets (PW) to maximize mitigation participation and funding.
The Emergency Management Public Assistance Mitigation Specialist will work across all local government agencies and departments to support Ardurra's clients in executing the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Public Assistance (PA) recovery grants. Mitigation Specialist will work with professional and non-professional personnel to provide support to local governments. Our goal is to provide support effectively and efficiently to those effected by man-made and natural disasters.
- Review projects to identify and develop hazard mitigation proposals
- Perform visits to site inspections to identify possible mitigation measures
- Coordinate with client's Hazard Mitigation staff and the State Hazard Mitigation Officer
- Provide guidance on the FEMA Sections 404 and 406 Hazard Mitigation Programs
- Perform and assist the Technical team with development of benefit cost analysis.
- Review benefit cost analysis
- Advise on PWs to ensure to maximize mitigation participation and funding.
- Maintain, track cases assigned and provide input where necessary in the data management information system (Portal)
- Review project work sheets to ensure appropriate mitigation measures have been evaluated and included
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree and Professional Engineering (PE) Certification or an Associate's Degree and 2+ years of experience in Hazard Mitigation
- 2+ years of progressive experience in Hazard Mitigation with knowledge in the ability to employee mitigation techniques for land, construction, engineering, and/or hydrology projects
- Experience in FEMA Section 404 & 406
- Due to the nature of the work you must have strong Microsoft Office Skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use provided IT and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Ability to use FEMA provided "Portal" and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Must have ability to deploy to any location with a 24-48 hour notice after Task Order award
- Must be comfortable and experienced using a Smart Phone
- Must be able to work independently, in a team environment and under stressful conditions with tight deadlines
- Significant experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery operations that have complex political and programmatic elements
- Public Assistance experience
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Must maintain any current FEMA specific training certifications obtained
- Must be able to deploy with little or no notice to anywhere in the United States and its territories for an extended period of time. Deployments may include working more than eight hours a day, or more than 40 hours in a given week, including weekends and holidays, and under stressful, physically demanding, and austere conditions
- Knowledge and two years' experience with FEMA Public Assistance Program/Policy
- Trained in the PA delivery model preferred
- Significant experience addressing strategic issues in disaster recovery mitigation measures that may have complex political and implementation challenges
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects in a changing work environment
- Ability to work independently and/or on a team
- Strong organizational skills
- Exceptional research skills
- Comfortable interacting with Clients and Client Stakeholders
- Proficient computer skills: (including MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint; Adobe Acrobat Professional)
- Willing to deploy for 12 months
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We're not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Requisition ID# A000340