Ardurra is recognized as one of the fastest growing firms in the architecture, engineering, and environmental consulting industry. Ardurra prides itself on its reputation as an emerging leader in emergency management consulting, and we understand that our reputation is wholly founded on the strength of the professionals that work hard every single day to serve our clients and our communities. Ardurra was ranked #8 on Zweig Group's prestigious Hot Firms List and #23 on its Best Firms to Work For in 2020!
Ardurra is seeking an Emergency Management Public Assistance-Cost Estimator to join our emergency management cadre staff. This position may be based anywhere in the US.
We are currently accepting resumes for future project work. Qualified candidates will be contacted once next steps have been identified. This position is a temporary/on-call basis.
The Emergency Management Public Assistance Cost Estimator (Cost Estimator) is responsible for developing cost estimates for eligible repairs associated with a man-made or natural disaster. These cost estimates will be developed for assisting clients in preparing Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Project Worksheets (PW). The Cost Estimator will identify eligible damage caused by a disaster, documenting the extent and type of damage, determining the scope of work to repair the damage and developing a detailed cost estimate for the repair. The Cost Estimator works closely with Federal, State, Ardurra engineering staff, and client staff. The Cost Estimator will clearly communicate aspects of the FEMA Public Assistance (PA) Grant Program Categories A-G eligible cost to all stakeholders.
The Cost Estimator will work across all local government agencies, and departments to support Ardurra's clients in support of FEMA PA grant program by identifying eligible projects and the cost of restring the damaged facilities to their pre-disaster condition. Cost Estimator will work with Departmental professional and non-professional personnel while providing support to local government clients. Our goal is to provide support effectively and efficiently to those effected by the disaster.
- Conduct initial and preliminary damage assessments (IDA's) in the field with client's departmental representatives
- Communicate the extent and magnitude of the damages caused by the disaster in a manner that facilitates administrative decisions regarding response and recovery efforts based on facts
- Coordinating with State and Ardurra's clients to identify and report results from the IDA and disaster related damage cost estimates
- Perform site specific damage assessments visits and develops an initial project list and cost estimate by FEMA Project Category
- Collecting and preparing documentation to support cost of repairs in Project Worksheets
- Development of Detailed Damage Descriptions, Scopes of Work and Associated Cost estimate
- Providing technical, cost estimating, disaster recovery and/or management services with an emphasis on estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure to restore it to its pre-disaster design and function
Education and Experience Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor's Degree and 2 years of relevant professional experience in disaster cost estimating or insurance adjusting, or appraising is required
- Previous experience supporting grantees and/or sub grantees during initial phases of disaster recovery is required
- Must be a United States Citizen
- Ability to effectively use estimating tools such as Cost Estimating Format (CEF) or RS Means
- Must maintain any current FEMA specific training certifications obtained
- Must have a sound technical knowledge base of FEMA Public Assistance policy and procedures
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Skills, excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to use provided IT and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents
- Ability to use FEMA provided "Grant Portal" and document management tools to create, organize and maintain project documents.
- Must be able to deploy with little or no notice to anywhere in the United States and its territories for an extended period. Deployments may include working more than eight hours a day, or more than 40 hours in a given week, including weekends and holidays, and under stressful, physically demanding, and austere conditions
- Ability to travel 100% of the time for 12 months dependent on assignment and work up to 12 hours a day, 7 days a week while deployed to a remote location experiencing disaster impacts. Must be comfortable and experienced using a Smart Phone
- Must be able to work independently, in a team environment and under stressful conditions with tight deadlines
- Previous Category A - G Project Work Sheet development experience is highly preferred
- Knowledge and two years' experience with FEMA Public Assistance Program/Policy
- Trained in the PA delivery model preferred
- Willing to deploy for 6 - 12 months
While Ardurra offers competitive compensation and rich benefits programs, it is our culture that truly sets us apart from our peers. We nurture a family-like culture, striving to create a work environment that is enjoyable, challenging and rewarding but also fun. We are acutely focused on developing our staff, whether through our internal Ardurra Academy or through our industry-leading Leadership program. We have made a deliberate and focused commitment to nurture a people-centric culture where people are: valued as individuals; supported in their professional and career development with multiple, varied career paths; provided the tools and resources to be successful, engaged, and satisfied in their work; and positive benefits, time-off programs, and flexibility to help maintain a healthy balance between work and home.
Ardurra is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY AGENCIES:
Ardurra does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Agency Agreement, Ardurra will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee. If a resume or candidate is submitted to any hiring manager without a previously signed agreement, Ardurra reserves the right to pursue and hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. These candidates will be considered property of Ardurra. We are not currently looking to add any more agencies to our list of approved vendors, so please do not contact any of our managers or recruitment team with sales calls or details of your candidates.
Requisition # A000332