ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 60 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers.
- Support Engineers and Electrical Technicians directly in the lab as an interface to the workmanship and processes (parts, design for manufacturability, manufacturing, assembly, certification test, vendor system anomalies, etc…).
- Be responsible for: monitoring, improving, and analyzing processes including assembly, functional testing and production.
- Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of the Electrical/Electronic manufacturing processes thru their expertise in manufacturing workmanship / manufacturing processes / EEE Parts and Advanced Packaging / general IPC / flight certification / anomalies knowledge and experience.
- Serve as technical lead in avionic workmanship and processes at JSC and representing JSC with NASA (NASA workmanship group, participation at IPC meetings, etc.).
- Utilizes systematic problem solving and data collection to create process maps of each facet of manufacturing that can then be analyzed in order to find any potential bottle necks, key areas that are in need of improvement, or cost cutting opportunities and downtime reduction.
- Provide production floor and assembly support in technical matters relating to assembly drawing interpretation, Engineering Change Notices, rework, manufacturing difficulties and specifications.
- Conceives, investigates, evaluates, and makes recommendations for new equipment, tooling, and processes to improve safety, reliability, capacity and reduce costs.
- Leads and/or participates in health, safety, environmental, production, material control, and R&D project teams.
- Writes weekly activity and project reports, develops action plans, and generates work instructions, test procedures and other documentation to support production operations.
- Ability to tailor processes based on customer requirements.
- Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component development.
- Develop detailed procedures for manufacturing processes.
- Troubleshoot and manufacturing issues and provide recommendations.
- Understand printed circuit board designs and the associated manufacturing processes.
- Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited Manufacturing or engineering school or Aerospace or Physics and five (5) years of related engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and four (4) years of related engineering experience, or Ph.D. from an accredited engineering school and zero (0) years of related experience.
- Engineering, either Electrical/Electronic or Mechanical Engineering preferred
- Experience in electronics manufacturing, including: Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing, Printed Circuit Board Assembly, Polymeric Applications (staking, conformal coating, encapsulation, etc.), Fiber Optics, Electronic Box-Level Assembly and flight certification testing.
- Experience on various electronic manufacturing processes and techniques (automatic, manual, etc.).
- Experience in packaging technology in Electrical/Electronic/Electromechanical (EEE) Parts, with good understanding on how to conduct proper qualification and evaluation of advanced packaging technology for spaceflight use.
- Experience in evaluating qualification and acceptance test results on avionic systems.
- In-the-field experience in the areas of avionic manufacturing workmanship and processes.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN.
- Knowledgeable in basic electronics design and capable of performing basic circuit analysis.
- Knowledgeable or have experience in performing electrical and mechanical fault analyses.
- Knowledgeable and experienced in IPC J-STD-001, NASA-STD-8739 and ANSI/ESD S20.20 Standards.
- Knowledgeable in EEE Parts and Advanced Packaging.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers.
- Prior experience with cable design for space applications.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, OneNote and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule