ERC is a servant-leader oriented company with approximately 1,800 employees and multiple contracts across the US. We believe that our culture has a direct influence on the job satisfaction of our employees and is reflected in the outstanding quality of service received by our customers.
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe.
We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASA’s pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASA’s largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program – the International Space Station (ISS), NASA’s Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moon’s surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankind’s understanding of the origins of our solar system.
What you’ll do all day:
- Report directly to the Electronics and Electrical Section Manager as part of group of over 40 other Electronics and Electrical Engineers.
- Work directly with or as a Team Lead and associated Electrical Engineers on a given project.
- Support new designs from conception, analysis, and manufacturing, through to operational test and deployment.
- Provide design support and guidance in various aspects of Electronics System Development. - Be familiar with NASA specifications for Electronics Component development.
- Develop component test stand architectures for various components.
- Design and generate electrical component and lab instrumentation test system designs.
- Develop and or modify LabVIEW code for various test systems.
- Develop detailed test verification procedures.
- Work with electrical and mechanical technicians to build and test designed systems.
- Develop and test various breakout boxes and digital/analog sensor emulation systems.
- Perform electrical evaluation/selection of instrumentation (pressure transducers, flow meters, pumps, fans, RTDs, Thermocouples, etc.)
- Troubleshoot and repair existing test systems.
- Conduct analog and digital printed circuit board design for various application needs. - Develop test software modules to perform specific tests.
- Work with eCAD designer to develop printed circuit board designs.
- Work in a laboratory environment, following standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as required.
You will love this job if you:
- Are a self-starter and require little oversight to complete given tasks
- Enjoy a fast-paced work environment
- Love working with diverse groups of individuals, including engineers and technicians
- Are good at communicating with people
- Have a positive attitude
- Enjoy multitasking
Minimum requirements for this position:
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. degrees and nine (9) years direct engineering experience.
- BS degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited engineering school and ten (10) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree from an accredited engineering school and eight (8) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. and four (4) years of direct engineering experience.
- Prior experience with electrical schematic entry and printed circuit board layout tools such as Altium Designer.
- Experience in vehicle wiring/harness design and physical routing/layout (wire, harness and routing diagrams) including testing and integrating wire harnesses for complex space systems.
- Executing parts standardization and resolving issues with connectors, backshells, shielding and associated parts.
- Connector selection, including MIL-Spec, NASA EEE-INST-002 and high reliability interconnect types.
- Familiarization with design parameters of twisting, shielding and wire gauge selection.
- Experience with the design of DC Power and Signal Electrical Interconnect Systems.
- Experience in leading small and medium size electrical design projects involving cable harness and PC Board design.
- MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
Desired skills and experience for this position:
- Experience in power analysis of DC Electrical Power systems.
- Experience generating PEL.
- Prior experience with NASA electrical design and workmanship standards, including NASA STD 8739 series, NASA STD 4001 and 4003.
- Experience with test hardware such as oscilloscopes, multi-meters, logic analyzers, function generators, electronic load banks, power supplies, power analyzers.
- Prior experience in design and test of analog instrumentation systems.
- Prior experience in design and test of power supply and conditioning systems.
- Proficient in MS Office programs, particularly MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills and the ability to work in a team environment.
What we offer:
- Competitive salaries.
- Continuing education assistance.
- Professional development allotment.
- Multiple healthcare benefit packages.
- 401K with employer matching.
- Paid time off (PTO) along with federally recognized holiday schedule