Applications accepted from: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Job Classification: Electrician
Posting Number: 27246
Department: General Services
Division: Property Management
Reporting Location: Various*
Workdays & Hours: M - F 7:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.* On Call nights and weekends*
* Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
The General Services Department (GSD) is seeking an Electrician who researches and analyzes causes of electrical failures; repairs, replaces and installs new equipment/components and related hardware to maximize function ability. The position will also be responsible for the following:
- Provides preventive maintenance ensuring safe and clean operating conditions.
- Will drive to troubleshoot, maintain, manage and upgrade existing electromechanical and electronic installations and systems.
- Responds to emergency calls for various types of electrical failures and shutdowns.
- Organizes, schedules and monitors work assignments.
- Researches technical product specifications.
- Compares and evaluates vendors' product pricing to determine most competitive bid.
- Inspects field locations to determine appropriate types and placement of electrical components for installation.
- Assists in the inventory control management of electrical parts and components to provide appropriate supply levels.
- Assists other trades as needed.
- Must be willing to work overtime and be "on call" nights and weekends.
- Will perform other duties as assigned.
- May be required to pass a Houston Police Department Criminal Background check.
This position involves considerable physical exertion, such as regular climbing of ladders, lifting heavy objects (up to 80 pounds) on a highly frequent basis and/or assuming awkward positions for long periods of time. Working at heights in excess of 60' on a bucket truck or aerial platform. There are occasional exposures to extreme levels of temperature, air pollution, noise pollution, chemical gases and substances, and/or contagious diseases or physical trauma conditions of a short-term disabling nature, such as broken bones or temporary loss of sight or hearing.