System One is currently hiring for an Electrical Engineer in Houston for a growing firm. If you are interested in the details below please apply accordingly.
- The Electrical Engineer is responsible for the design and evaluation of electrical systems for distributed power generation products for high volume manufacturing.
- The Electrical Engineer is responsible for developing and maintaining engineering designs for the company.
- This position supports sales, applications, manufacturing, service, and other activities within the organization to comply with business objectives and ensure high quality production and deployment of equipment.
Essential Job Functions
- Design and evaluate electrical power generation systems (synchronous, inverter based, etc.) for use in hybrid distributed energy systems that utilize CHP, solar PV, and battery storage products.
- Design and evaluate engine controls systems (process analysis, controller selection, controller programming, PID tuning, etc.).
- Select components and develop bills of material, electrical schematics, wiring diagrams, and harness assembly diagrams for high volume production of generation systems and other products.
- Develop synchronization systems for multiple synchronous generators or inverter-based systems.
- Develop short and long-term test and evaluation methods for equipment including thermal, vibration, and noise analysis, environmental limitations, component life and MTBF/MTTR metrics, electromagnetic radiation susceptibility, etc.
- Assure product quality by designing in-process and end-of-line electrical system QC inspections and test method.
- Provide ongoing product reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information trends.
- Initiate engineering change orders to ensure timely and accurate production changes as a result of internal/external customer needs, supply chain changes, manufacturing process streamlining, and cost reduction targets.
- Develop and maintain document management systems for critical design documentation, installation and operation manuals, performance calculators, and marketing specifications.
- Communicates development status and technical information throughout the organization.
- Undertake routine inspections by third-party certification bodies as per the approved inspection program of the company. Follows up on the preventive and/or corrective actions identified during the inspections and monitors the timely closing of the actions in coordination with other departments.
- Develops and reviews product and application risk assessments for routine and non-routine activities in consultation with the operations team.
- Record engineering key performance indicators on a monthly basis and issue reports as necessary. Suggest and advise changes to ensure continuous improvement on any additional effective KPIs to be added in the system as part of continual improvement.
- Provide leadership to the engineering team to ensure the company's policies and procedures meet the approved budget and guidelines.
- Support other operations staff and external partners when required.
- Act as the MTG representative in regulatory standard development meetings, committees, and as appointed.
- Diligently performs any other reasonable work or related tasks at the request of his/her manager.
General Duties / Strengths
- Represent organization professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities.
- Resolve conflicts and facilitate changes in within the operations group to ensure objective fulfillment and swift response to product development and process improvement problems and opportunities.
- Excellent planning and organizing skills.
- Excellent workload and time management.
- Excellent report writing skills with attention to detail, correctness, and accuracy with good use of English and technical terminology.
- Able to create new reports and tools for use by employees and management.
- Ensure proper record keeping.
- Communicate accurately, correctly, timely, effectively and in an appropriate manner using email, documentation and verbally.
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict handling skills.
- Bachelor’s degree, from an accredited university, in electrical engineering.
- Must have a minimum of 10 years progressive experience in product development and applications.
- Working knowledge of continuous duty generators, inverters, solar PV, and energy storage systems is preferred.
- Demonstrated skill in dealing with conflict resolution, team building, contract negotiation, sales generation, corporate development, quality management, engineering, and goal setting.
- PLC programming experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD
- Strong working knowledge of document management and Total Quality systems.