Requisition ID: 126284
Job Level: Mid Level
Department: Design Engineering
Employment Type: Full Time
We are seeking an Electrical Designer - SP3D Electrical SME. We are an innovative team of engineers and designers that supports projects throughout the company. Our staff leads and collaborates with Kiewit’s module fabrication and construction teams to approach construction-focused engineering with a focus on safe, cost-effective, and innovative designs that achieve client expectations and further Kiewit’s legacy of excellence.
Kiewit Engineering Group, Inc is a full-service engineering firm serving oil, gas and chemical markets. Our combined staff of engineers and design professionals have expertise that spans all major engineering disciplines to serve the LNG, midstream, refining, and petrochemical markets. Backed by 130 years of construction experience, our construction-focused engineering focuses on constructability and safety in the earliest phases of projects to ensure on-time and on-budget project delivery.
Our rapidly growing oil, gas and chemical team, which includes structural, civil, piping, mechanical, process, process safety, electrical, instrument and control disciplines, is a multi-faceted and leading-edge division of Kiewit with best-in-class technical expertise focused on the EPCC delivery model for dynamic process facilities.
This position is based out of our Energy Corridor Office in Houston, TX.
- Smart Plant 3D (SP3D) Electrical Design - SME
- Smart Plant Instrumentation (SPI)
- Develops and checks less experienced designers to solve design issues.
- Provide guidance on corrective measures to address issues in drawings.
- Manages several different assignments simultaneously.
- Act as field resource to assist construction in the field on medium to complex issues.
- Provides technical knowledge and guidance for standards and design to less experienced designers.
- Creates innovative working methods to generate new ideas.
- Uses resources to identify new solutions and finds best cost solutions.
- Proactively reviews and suggests alternate solutions to improve communication on drawings between departments.
- Identities changes in the scope of work during large projects and produces drawing changes as needed to stay within budget and schedule.
- Serves as a resource to less experienced designers to convey intent and application of procedures and industry standards to produce quality deliverables.
- Expert in SP3D electrical modeling.
- Advanced Proficiency in SPI Cable Writing and Routing.
- Associate degree in Electrical Technology or High School diploma + 2 years’ experience as a minimum.
- 8-25 years of minimum relevant experience.
- Travel < 20% expected.
- Acts independently to determine methods and processes for assignments.
- Trains and leads team of designers as needed.
- Leads team for work with high complexity.
- Work with the project team as representative and coordinates work within discipline department.
- Adjusts to varying demands of work and performs well.
- Develops and presents work in well-constructed written and verbal presentations. Clearly conveys messages and ideas, gains understanding.
- Communicates effectively across all departments of the organization.
- Advanced skills in AutoCAD.
- Continuously looking for ways to improve processes for customers and makes recommendations for improvements.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.