Head Start and Early Head Start Programs provide early, continuous, intensive, and comprehensive child development and family support services to low-income infants, toddlers, pre-school children and their families, and pregnant women and their families.
This position serves as a teacher in a classroom of Early Head Start infants and toddlers by planning, implementing, and supervising all center-based activities. This position may work with infants and toddlers with developmental delays. The position works in tandem with an integrated team to support the goals of the program.
- Plan and provide developmentally appropriate activities and experiences that advance all areas of children’s development (social, emotional, cognitive, physical) in a manner appropriate to age and stage of development.
- Provide a safe, healthy and well-managed environment to meet the changing needs of infants and toddlers.
- Develop and implement individualized goals for children that meet their needs and are developmentally appropriate.
- Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established goals (outcomes).
- Screen, observe and document student progress in the GOLD online assessment system
- Prepare and maintain accurate records, including child observations, individualization, lesson plans, attendance, meal count, parent participation, in-kind contributions and volunteer time sheets.
- Establish consistent, stable and supportive relationships with infants/toddlers and their families.
- Encourage, facilitate, and support parental involvement in all aspects of the Early Head Start Program.
- Schedules home visits and parent-teacher conferences with families as required and on an as-needed basis and documents these events.
- Work closely with the Early Head Start Mentor Teacher in planning and implementation of the Early Head Start curriculum
- Provide a safe and nurturing environment for infants and toddlers in accordance with all regulations
- Perform any other duties as may be required.
High School Diploma or Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education (or related) REQUIRED
Infant-Toddler CDA REQUIRED
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)