At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for developing, providing, and coordinating direct staff education, indirect patient education, orientation training, and development of curriculum and individual learning plans and monitoring staff.
*Hours: M-F/8-5 (80% of time); Evenings, Nights, Weekends (20% of time)
*5% Geographical Differential for The Medical Center
*1 of 13 Educators on Central Education Team supporting entire TMC campus
*BSN required; MSN preferred
*Previous Educator experience in an acute care facility required
*Specialty or Education Clinical Certification required w/in 2 years
*Comfortable presenting in front of a large group (clinical staff, counsels, new employee orientation)
Day to Day Duties Include:
*Primary duty will involve orientating and onboarding new LVNs for Ortho/Trauma unit
*Develop & implement a LVN program at the TMC campus
*Expected to help or be involved in New Employee Orientation, working with Student & Senior Programs, Working with Annual Validations (3x year), BLS Instructor, TEAM (Technique for Effective Aggressive Management) Instructor
*With regards to Magnet - participate in shared governances, help lead a program or be a member
*As part of the Central Education Team, you will be trained and able to handle several programs and tasks.
Education: Masters Degree or clinical specialty certification
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing
- Completion of Basic Life Support
- Other certification based upon specific nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Viewed as an "expert and leader" in current specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Serves as an educational resource at the service level and for core hospital activities. Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates educational needs that are appropriate to target population. Works independently to develop curriculum for identified learning needs.
- Facilitates and coordinates individual learning plans.
- Promotes team approach to healthcare delivery. Facilitates effective patient education at the service level. Evaluates effectiveness of patient education.
- Develops and maintains new employee orientation program. Acts as clinical resource for staff. Communicates effectively with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.