At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position responsible for developing, providing, and coordinating direct staff education, indirect patient education, orientation training, and development of curriculum and individual learning plans and monitoring staff.Job Description
Is educating new nurses a passion of yours? Can you see yourself teaching the next generation all of your hard-earned best practices every night? Then this is a position for you!
In this role, you will be rounding on new grad nurses mainly to support their needs, but role also supports experienced staff: patient care/equipment issues, clocking in and out, personal/work related issues, just-in-time training, resolving conflict, feedback sessions, etc.
Hours required? Eight hours nights and willing to entertain ten hours nights once fully acclimated to role (with night off opposite adult counterpart).
What sets this unit apart from other system openings? Not all systems offer women's/children's services. We offer FT day shift unit based educators and a coordinator that rounds on the new grads. Adding this night shift position adds an extra level of support which will add to their level of comfort, support and will hopefully increase their level of competency over time.
What do you do to balance burn out? Flex schedule, 10 hour a day-40 hour work week (again, once fully acclimated to role), use of PTO and holidays
Ideal candidate will have a BSN, Women's/Children's Experience, and a passion for nurse education!
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
- Current State of Texas license/permit to practice professional nursing
- Completion of Basic Life Support
- Other certification based upon specific nursing unit requirements
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- At least five (5) years of clinical experience as a Registered Nurse
- Viewed as a "leader" in current specialty
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Serves as an educational resource at the service level and for core hospital activities. Assesses, plans, develops, coordinates, implements and evaluates educational needs that are appropriate to target population.
- Develops curriculum for identified learning needs. Facilitates and coordinates individual learning plans.
- Promotes team approach to healthcare delivery. Facilitates effective patient education at the service level. Evaluates effectiveness of patient education.
- Develops and maintains new employee orientation program. Acts as clinical resource for staff. Communicates effectively with all levels of the healthcare team.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.