BakerRipley provides an integrated holistic education system for families and their children ages six months through eighth grade. The Choices in Education division oversees the early childhood education programs and the BakerRipley Schools, including three community-based elementary schools, one middle school, and a "New Neighbor" school for refugee children - all of which reside within our community centers. Our holistic approach to educating the entire family allows us to create a stronger and more positive impact in the community. Both children and their parents gain access to education and broader community resources to prepare them for a successful degree and/or career.
1) JOB SUMMARY:
This position serves as a teacher in a classroom of Early Head Start infants and toddlers by planning, implementing, and supervising all center-based activities. This position may work with infants and toddlers with developmental delays. The position works in tandem with an integrated team to support the goals of the program.
2) CORE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plan and provide developmentally appropriate activities and experiences that advance all areas of children's development (social, emotional, cognitive, and physical in a manner appropriate to age and stage of development.
2. Provide a safe, healthy and well-managed environment to meet the changing needs of infants and toddlers.
3. Develop and implement individualized goals for children that meet their needs and are developmentally appropriate.
4. Develop an individual plan for each child to include goal setting based on identified needs and prescriptions for objectives and activities to meet established goals (outcomes).
5. Screen, observe and document student progress in the Teaching Strategies GOLD online assessment system
6. Prepare and maintain accurate records, including child observations, individualization, lesson plans, attendance, meal count, parent participation, in-kind contributions and volunteer time sheets.
7. Establish consistent, stable and supportive relationships with infants, toddlers and their families.
8. Encourage, facilitate, and support parental involvement in all aspects of the Early Head Start Program.
9. Schedules home visits and parent-teacher conferences with families as required and on an as-needed basis and documents these events.
10. Work closely with the Instructional Coach in planning and implementation of the Early Head Start curriculum
11. Provide a safe and nurturing environment for infants and toddlers in accordance with all regulations
12. Perform any other duties as may be required.
Current Infant/Toddler Child Development Associate required.
YEARS OF EXPERIENCE:
Associate's Degree Early Childhood Education or related field preferred.
At least one (1) year work related experience.
* Knowledge of Early Head Start mission, goals policies and procedures.
* Knowledge of Head Start Performance Standards and other regulatory requirements.
Basic knowledge of the use of computers.
Bilingual English/Spanish preferred but not required.
BakerRipley is committed to the principles of equal employment. We do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or any status protected by federal, state, or local laws. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other employment laws and regulations.