This position is primarily responsible for all matters involving the marketing and advertising of communities within an operational division. The ideal candidate is a highly motivated, detail oriented, and experienced individual who possesses the ability and initiative to develop and implement marketing plans and programs. The Divisional Marketing Manager works closely with other departments to ensure the effective execution of community and Company-wide marketing needs.
Marketing Strategy & Planning
- Identify and evaluate various potential marketing strategies and select the most effective strategy after evaluating various alternatives for the communities.
- Evaluate community traffic and inventory to tailor marketing and advertising needs for each community.
- Advise Division President and Sales Professionals on various alternative marketing and advertising plans.
- Monitor division goals, projections, and results, and report as necessary.
- Represent the division to upper Perry Homes leadership, reporting on progress, successes of marketing efforts, and suggested marketing strategy.
- Evaluate and recommend optimal advertising and media sources to management. Identify, evaluate and make recommendations on the use of various options for advertising and marketing, including but not limited to signage and other outdoor advertising, online and social media, events, e-mail flyers, etc. that the Divisional Marketing Manager believes most effective to reach the targeted market.
- Prepare reports as necessary and perform cost analyses of various marketing options.
- Analyze the success-level of planned marketing activities (i.e. perform “marketing success analyses”).
- Study and analysis of online marketing efforts and development of additional online opportunities.
Field Marketing & Event Coordination
- Visit assigned communities on regular basis to ensure that certain aspects of Marketing Plans are being implemented and used as expected by operational employees. Identify and report to management any issues that arise with respect to marketing efforts undertaken by Sales Professionals. Gather feedback on the utility of marketing and advertising plans and take photographs that may be used in campaigns. Identify potential sources for traffic in each community based on evaluation of a variety of factors relating to that community and its qualified prospects.
- Train new sales professionals on-site as needed.
- Coordinate, market, and execute events in assigned communities, along with creating an event budget and then reporting on results.
- Evaluate potential sponsorship opportunities for their communities and the company overall.
- Manage key relationships with stakeholders outside of the organization.
- Represent the Marketing Department at Developer meetings and functions to coordinate community efforts.
Corporate Brand Ambassador
- Coordinate the message and means of communication of major advertising efforts to ensure consistency with Company brand and marketing philosophy. Coordinate with Graphic Artists to ensure appropriate marketing and advertising strategies and themes are being accurately and effectively portrayed. Ensure inventory of marketing materials (including but not limited to flyers, signage, and photography) remains satisfactory and current to meet the Company’s needs.
- May also be called upon to assist with projects in any division as needed.
- Must sometimes complete projects with very short notice under extreme time constraints.
- Communication/Building Relationships
- Time Management
- Attention to Detail
- Problem Solving/Analysis
- College degree required; marketing, advertising or related field preferred.
- Requires at least 3 years of relevant experience in a position of responsibility.
- Ability to identify and gather relevant data, evaluate its importance, and then develop plan of action.
- Experience in the use of demographics, psychographics and statistical data when developing marketing plans.
- Experience in tracking performance of marketing/advertising efforts.
- Strong writing skills with specific experience in preparing marketing plans and summaries.
- Ability to travel.
- New home industry experience a plus.
- Demonstrated computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office products, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Current, valid Driver’s License with acceptable driving record.
Perry Homes is closely following the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) and implementing processes that promote candidate and employee safety. Out of an abundance of caution, our interviewing process will now be held virtually via Microsoft Teams.
***Note to job seekers: Your resume will be reviewed as the best qualified candidates will be contacted in the event that there is potential match***
Perry Homes is an Equal Opportunity Employer