Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To dispatch 3rd party draymen for U.S. International shipment pick-ups and deliveries using internal TMS systems.
- To help educate and advise colleagues within the organization on the technical and non-technical tasks/needs associated to successfully
- Sell and execute ocean marine drayage services for FCL movements
- To establish responsibilities and accountabilities for service failures
- To make sure that our pick-ups, deliveries are being conducted on time
- To streamline the transportation communications between internal and external customers
- To know and understand all dray needs by region for customer base both import and export.
- To prioritize time sensitive cargo and monitor all daily pick-ups and deliveries to ensure these are tendered to a carrier as needed.
- To negotiate pricing as needed with 3rd party draymen to maximize profits taking advantage of one-way opportunities.
- The Specialist will need to maintain constant communication with other team members to ensure use of carriers are efficient and effectively used.
- The Specialist will aid both internal and external customers in regards but not limited to transportation inquiries
- The Specialist will ensure proper reporting; carrier invoicing and system event updates are conducted timely and accurately raising any issues outside of their immediate control that need to be addressed ? To help maintain carrier database with respect to providers, rates, expiration dates
- To assist with ocean product goals to eliminate risk (cost exposure) as much as possible.
- To ensure compliance with DOT regulations and established internal policies and guidelines.
- To perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills:
Details/Specification/Explanation of the role specific skills bachelor's degree preferred.
- 3 - 5 years of experience in Logistics
- 3 - 5 years of experience in customer service
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including but not limited to Outlook, Word, and Excel
- Knowledge of import/export transload operations
- A general understanding of ocean export/import operations and budgeting exercises
- Experience in carrier deliveries/recovery process and terminal port/CY requirements
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Email and Telephone etiquettes
- Ability to troubleshoot day to day issues that may arise during pick-up or delivery process
- Ability to negotiate pricing with both 3rd party carriers and warehouses.
We offer a number of plans for a variety of health care services and supplies, including preventative care, inpatient and outpatient services and prescription drugs.
The option for separate vision coverage for eye exams, frames, and contact lenses.
The option for separate dental coverage to cover preventative major and basic dental services.
The company offers a pre-tax 401(k) contribution plan with a company match.
We offer direct deposit to all employees.
On a calendar year basis, the Company pays all employees 6 major holidays, including New Year's Days, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day, plus 4 floating holidays.
At DB Schenker, you are part of a global logistics network that connects the world. A network that allows you to shape your career by encouraging you to contribute and truly make a difference. With more than 76,000 colleagues worldwide, we welcome diversity and thrive on individual backgrounds, perspectives and skills. Together as one team, we are Here to move.
Equal Opportunity Employer-minorities/females/veterans/individuals with disabilities/sexual orientation/gender identity