Tasks & Responsibilities:
- To dispatch 3rd party draymen for U.
International shipment pick-ups and deliveries using internal TMS systems.
- To help educate and advise colleagues within the organization on the technical and non-technical tasks/needs associated to successfully
- Sell and execute ocean marine drayage services for FCL movements
- To establish responsibilities and accountabilities for service failures
- To make sure that our pick-ups, deliveries are being conducted on time
- To streamline the transportation communications between internal and external customers
- To know and understand all dray needs by region for customer base both import and export.
- To prioritize time sensitive cargo and monitor all daily pick-ups and deliveries to ensure these are tendered to a carrier as needed.
- To negotiate pricing as needed with 3rd party draymen to maximize profits taking advantage of one-way opportunities.
- The Specialist will need to maintain constant communication with other team members to ensure use of carriers are efficient and effectively used.
- The Specialist will aid both internal and external customers in regards but not limited to transportation inquiries
- The Specialist will ensure proper reporting; carrier invoicing and system event updates are conducted timely and accurately raising any issues outside of their immediate control that need to be addressed ? To help maintain carrier database with respect to providers, rates, expiration dates
- To assist with ocean product goals to eliminate risk (cost exposure) as much as possible.
- To ensure compliance with DOT regulations and established internal policies and guidelines.
- To perform other duties as assigned.