Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in health care here. Bring your skills and talents to a role where you'll have the opportunity to make an impact on a huge scale. This is the place to do your life's best work.(sm)
UMR offers tailored programs designed to enhance clinical outcomes and reduce costs to customers. UMR offers best-in-class programs and care management services to help customers receive the right care at the right time in the right place.
In this role a Disease Management Case Manager will aid in changing our members’ behavior regarding their chronic condition(s). Telephonic interactions with members are structured around behavior change theory and seek to assist individuals make healthy lifestyle changes. Health education and self-advocacy are also key tools in this role.
If you are located in Texas, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
This is a work-at-home position. Monday-Thursday you will need to be able to work until 9:00PM; you could work 12:30-9:00PM or do a split shift like 8:00AM-12:00PM and 5:00PM-9:00PM. Friday is 8:00AM-4:30PM.
- Patient engagement and retention in specific Disease Management
- Programs - Diabetes, Hypertension, CAD, Heart Failure, Asthma , COPD and Depression as a comorbidity
- Utilizes established standards of care to identify and address members’ gaps in care
- Utilizing motivational interviewing techniques for assisting members to move through the stages of behavioral change
- Working with members to set and achieve SMART goals
- Coaching individuals to make lifestyle changes to reduce risk of disease processes
- Exercise clinically sound judgment using relevant information, expertise, and decision support tools when interacting with members
- Achieve productivity standards as established
- Document clinical information completely, accurately and in a timely manner
- Perform data collection and quality monitoring activities as required
- Establish collaborative working relationships with members, providers, and customers
- Demonstrate sensitivity to issues and show pro-active behavior in addressing customer / member needs
- Ensure that sensitive member medical information is treated with respect and appropriate levels of confidentiality and adherence to HIPAA regulations.
- Educate and empower members to ensure treatment compliance, satisfaction of management of condition, and promote member advocacy
- Identify compliance and quality improvement opportunities, and initiate corrective actions
- Adheres to corporate requirements related to industry regulations / responsibilities
- Maintain confidentiality and adheres to HIPAA requirements
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.