We are seeking a Director of Software Development for a full-time opportunity.
The Director of Software Development leads the planning, development, coordination, and implementation of development projects for NorthStar Memorial Group. The director will lead a team of software developers that support existing IT applications and build new tools for the business. The position will work closely with IT, external departments, and service providers to design, develop, maintain, and ensure quality delivery of application services in our cloud environment.
Our code base includes applications and features as follows: financial software systems, point of sale tools, Power BI dashboards, API integrations, IaaS, PaaS and SaaS integrations, contract management systems, mobile sites, and more.
- Oversee and directly contribute to the design, implementation, and maintenance of a complex suite of software applications utilizing the Microsoft .NET framework and SQL Server database
- Ensure that all activities support the application-related needs of our company by aligning priorities with the business needs
- Adept at working across organizational boundaries and partnering with leadership
- Report to the Leadership team on the progress and status of software projects
- Work closely with business owners and subject matter experts to develop new software requirements
- Work with vendors, peers, and stakeholders to develop and coordinate strategy, architecture, roadmap, budget, and execution of development services
- Manage full cycle development process
- Manage and mentor multiple software engineering teams (onshore, offshore, and outsourced)
- Gain a solid understanding of our development environment, identify technology gaps and lead projects to close those gaps
- Creation of project architecture and detailed design documentation per required deliverables
- Participate in defect triage and work with project team to resolve prioritized defect fixes
- Create processes and supporting metrics to ensure efficiency and quality of application development implementation and maintenance
- Partner with IT infrastructure team to design, secure, deploy, and support software products
- Serve as Subject Matter Expert for existing applications and servers
- Maintain awareness of software-development industry best-practices and standards
Essential Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Background
- Strong hands-on technical experience: IaaS, PaaS, SaaS, microservices, CI/CD, SQL, NET. WEB APIs, JAVA, Angular JS, Microservice architectures, .NET Framework C#, ASP.NET, Azure, GitHub, Android, IOS etc.
- Experience working with hosting and cloud providers
- Strong knowledge of Windows Server operating systems, and Active Directory
Preferred Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Background
- Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud, or Microsoft Azure experience strongly preferred
- Solid understanding and experience in software development lifecycle
- Solid understanding of secure coding practices
- Experience dealing with legacy code base migrations
- Software Architecture and Design
- Experience applying Agile methodologies to the software development life cycle