MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
Michael Page has partnered with a Houston based Real Estate Developer looking for a new Director of Security to manage the security operations of their commercial asset (retail/office properties).
Houston based Real Estate Development firm with a large portfolio of commercial assets.
The Director of Security will be responsible for overseeing all on site security personnel as well as creating the overarching security operations programs to keep their assets and people safe. This role will have a strong technology component and requires an innovative thinker who is extremely experienced in risk management. Below are a few additional areas you will be assisting in:
- Monthly meeting with Head of Operations to discuss budget, trends, and areas of improvement for the Security team.
- Assist in crafting the security management programs and work with the Portfolio Managers, security companies and local and state police departments to implement
- Coordinate with site team security companies schedules and needs assessments meeting with them consistently
- Determines best practices for security risk management
- Develops policies and procedures for security risk management.
- Maintain and track all security related incidents; develop and implement a metric-based approach to security management across the enterprise
- Partner with facilities and project managers on construction of new facilities to ensure adherence to physical security standards set by firm.
- ad hoc projects as needed
- Manage a staff of 50+ individuals
Our client is willing to consider diverse backgrounds for this position but the ideal candidate must have the following:
- 10+ years corporate security or law enforcement experience
- Proven skills in identifying and driving security initiatives from within the organization
- Excellent understanding of local, regional, country or global security issues and their potential impact on the organization's employees, facilities and business operation
- 4 year degree is a plus but not required
- Must be able to integrate technology into security programs
- Have the ability to effectively communicate with corporate and site staff
- Ability to manage confidential information in a highly professional and discreet manner
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours in support of executive protection or security operations when needed.
- Competitive salary
- 401K company match
- Unbeatable health care and wellness benefits
- Open & Inclusive company culture