This position can sit in Houston or Atlanta (preferred), or Remote. The client is also open to people who will relocate to either Houston or Atlanta.
The Director of Project Management helps to manage enterprise-wide change, execute corporate strategy, and meet corporate goals through the development and direction of project management operations. Provides leadership in strategic planning, scoping, scheduling and execution of projects. Develops and manages project management team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Lead / Develop governance, communication and administration functions
• Provides subject matter expertise to executive team to evaluate potential projects and the existing project pipeline, including the identification of opportunities, risks and contingency planning.
• Consults with business partners, subject matter experts and project managers on project proposals to determine goals, timeframe, limitations, procedures, staffing requirements, budgets, and allotment of resources.
• Oversees and ensures the timely completion of high quality, successful enterprise-wide and department-level projects.
• Reviews and resolves escalated project concerns and requests for changes.
• Develops and refines standards, processes, and tools for high quality project delivery; sets and refines metrics for evaluating and improving project performance.
• Responsible for the oversight and development of the project management team and individual performance.
Directly manages critical projects, as necessary.
• Regularly reports on progress, projections, gaps, and potential needs, highlighting key areas of accomplishments, metrics, risks, and contingency planning.
• Ensures documentation of workflows, procedures, and requirements.
• Complies with all company policies and procedures.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience Bachelor's degree in Business/Project Management or ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working in the auto industry a plus along with leading operational functions as it relates to Lending, Collections and Customer Service. Previous experience with implementation and process documentation, and training of Servicing and Loan Origination Software Platforms desired.
Language Skills Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
Mathematical Skills Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Reasoning Ability Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Computer Skills To perform this job successfully, an individual should have Advanced skills in MS Excel, MS Visio, MS Project, MS Word and MS PowerPoint. Knowledge of working with previous servicing and loan origination platforms beneficial.
Work Schedule: May be required to work more than 40 hours per week as business needs dictate. Also must be able to travel 30% of the time.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations Project Management Professional (PMP) certification Preferred. Agile Project Management a plus.