Director of Product Management
Alliance Human Capital Management (Alliance) aims to be the largest independent Human Capital Management (HCM) company in the United States by providing the most advanced technology to customers through its proprietary, single database, cloud-based software. To meet this goal, Alliance is constantly striving to innovate and create best-in-class human capital management solutions.
The Director of Product Management is responsible for setting the strategy for key products, and ensuring their contribution to growth and satisfaction, within Alliance HCM’s (AHCM) comprehensive HCM suite focused on the SMB market across the US.
The ideal candidate will have experience in the HR Tech domain and a record of delivery in a fast-paced, agile, SaaS environment. He or she will have a commercial orientation, able to assess market opportunities and solutions using data throughout the product development lifecycle, including success metrics post launch. The role will encompass partnering with others inside Alliance, as well as outside, such as clients and key partners.
This position reports directly to AHCM’s VP Product Management.
- Define and own the product strategy and roadmap for AHCM product(s)
- Drive action throughout the organization to get products to market, enhanced and supported ongoing
- Support software development lifecycle and development team, acting in Agile roles as needed
- Prioritize features with corresponding justification, write high-level requirements
- Maximize product(s)’profitability, penetration and overall commercial success – own the business case
- Manage against a set of defined KPIs which objectively measure product delivery and market acceptance. Proactively ensure all stakeholders have visibility to KPIs and lead open discussion around strategies for continuous improvement
- Be great at communication, ensure status of initiatives is clear
- Provide insight to stakeholders on the product and market
- Provide product marketing with insights on key differentiators and messages
- Work with external third parties to assess and secure partnerships and referral opportunities
- Run beta and pilot programs with early-stage products
- Be an expert with respect to the competition
- Interact with clients and internal stakeholders to get product and usability feedback.
- Act as a leader within the company
The successful candidate will have a track record as a Product Manager in a high-growth company with commercial SaaS software. The candidate should have proven results in scaling a product to dramatically and profitably grow revenue. The candidate must have a work style and pace that makes things happen, with a strong work ethic, low ego, and bias for initiating positive change.
- 5-7 years of experience as a product management in a high-growth organization
- Proven track record of scaling and delivering a product for profitable growth
• Proven expertise in market and competitive analysis informing clearly articulated product strategies and roadmaps
- Demonstrated experience in innovating in application development to address customer needs / market segments
- Demonstrated experience in shaping sales, service models and user experience
- Domain expertise in the HCM and SMB space a nice to have
- Experience with SaaS, cloud computing and Agile
- Financial acumen to develop business and ROI models
- Excellent verbal and written communication