The Bionetics Corporation is seeking a Director of Operations for our Space and Life Science business segments. Bionetics is a government services contractor specializing in engineering and life sciences with locations nationwide.
At the present time the successful candidate would oversee our NASA Life Science and FDA Animal Care Research contracts. It is preferred the Director would be based at our corporate office in Yorktown, Virginia. However, due to the nature of this position it may be acceptable to work remotely and come to the corporate office and the assigned contract locations periodically.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package to include medical, dental, vision, 401k with company matching, paid holidays, vacation and sick leave, etc.
The Director is responsible for the successful operation of the Bionetics' Space and Life Science business segments. The Director will be responsible for the oversight of assigned government contracts to include planning, directing and controlling all activities for the technical, administrative and financial performance of assigned contracts, or other areas of designated responsibility. Develops, advocates and executes approved business strategies for the overall growth and profit objectives of the assigned business unit(s). Will participate in business development and proposal development activities as needed. May be required to provide assistance for the VP of the Operations Department as required.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Science (Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, etc.) is required;
- Post-graduate degree is desirable.
- Further education in business management (i.e. MBA) is desirable.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience in positions of increasing technical and management responsibility, either in the Federal Government or in professional support services through Government and commercial contracting on a national and/or international level. Competitive award negotiation experience a plus.
- Management, budgetary responsibility and supervisory experience consistent with Contract Management level duties commensurate with the size and scope and professional level of contracts.
- Must provide work experience that demonstrates increasing responsibility in Government contracting. Prior experience with NASA and/or Animal Care Research contracts is highly desired.
- Computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite is required.
- Broad knowledge of Federal/State employment law, general accounting practices and FAR Regulations is highly desired.
- Demonstrated superior English oral and written communication skills and a comprehensive understanding of Government acquisition, competitive negotiation and contract administration principles.
- Must possess great interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent documentation and customer service skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently while meeting deadlines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS :
Occasionally – Climbing, Stooping, Kneeling
Often – Reaching, Standing, Sitting, Walking, Pushing, Pulling, Talking, Hearing, Seeing
Lifting/Moving Requirements :
· Up to 25 pounds
Environmental Conditions :
· Normally works in an environmentally controlled work area.
· Frequent travel required.