Ref ID: 04130-0011776418
Classification: Director of Marketing
Compensation: $140000.00 to $190000.00 yearly
Scope of Responsibilities
• Define key messaging & brand strategy for company
• Develop & execute on 12 month marketing plan for owned & earned channels
• Build in-bound customer acquisition channels
• Mentor, manage, and professionally develop Design Lead
• Work across to communicate insights from marketing initiatives
• Manage PR and marketing firms to execute on long term strategy
• Create owned media opportunities
• Participate in the development of branding and corporate identity initiatives
• Work with business development team and sales teams on brand initiatives
• Establish and grow a target market share
The Right Candidate
• Has experience working at a founder run, mission oriented company
• Experience in high growth environments
• Comfortable working autonomously with a limited team
• Excellent communication skills and planning abilities
• Has great relationships with media outlets and/or journalists
• Does not need to have a science background, but must have an appreciation for the science and an ability to dive into details as needed
• Public company experience is a plus
• - Be nimble, embrace the speed and ambiguity of startup culture.
• - A passion for green chemistry and fighting climate change.
• - Ability to self-manage and set your own priorities and schedule.
• - Be comfortable working in multiple roles.
• - Emphasize safety above all else.
• - Respect for others.
• - Creative problem solving.
• - Willingness to learn and research new engineering/science concepts.
• Bachelor’s degree in Marketing
• Growth-oriented mindset with the ability to learn from failure and view setbacks as opportunity
• Strategic experience in B2B focused marketing, as evidenced by success in analyzing consumer insights and creating profitable marketing campaigns. Experience with biotechnology ingredient or chemicals production businesses a plus
• Demonstrated creative flair and design affinity with a focus on value positioning
• Consumer insight experience, including the ability to parse and communicate relevant findings to a variety of technical and commercial audiences
• Highly organized with a commitment to meeting deadlines while maintaining the flexibility needed to thrive in a scaling biotech start-up
• Strong leadership skills and proven success in building and leading high-performing, diverse, and inclusive teams, including goal setting, performance coaching, and detail oriented career development
• Executive level presentation skills to communicate with audiences in both commercial and technical/scientific settings at all levels of an organization
• Cultural and emotional intelligence to develop and nurture collaborative relationships in a diverse environment with global reach