Arnold Ventures is a philanthropy whose core objective is to maximize opportunity and minimize injustice. We are dedicated to tackling some of the most pressing problems in the United States. We invest in sustainable change, building it from the ground up based on research, deep thinking, and a strong foundation of evidence. We drive public conversation, craft policy, and inspire action through education and advocacy.
We are looking for a technical, hands-on Information Technology Director to lead the information technology operations, services and support for Arnold Ventures. We are in a period of transition from on premise AD/Exchange and Citrix to cloud-based Microsoft 365 infrastructure. The Director will help ensure successful migration and adoption of this new modern infrastructure by means of technical leadership and oversight as well as doing hands-on technical work alongside the project team. The Director will also provide oversight and leadership of the organization’s IT systems, data storage and backups, site and network reliability, information security, user access management and end user support.
Reporting directly to the VP of Data, Systems and Technology, the Director will help to develop, establish, and improve all aspects of the information technology and information security function, lead system planning and implementations with vendors and partners and provide support and training to staff on technologies and best practices. The Director will build and manage strong partnerships and collaborations with internal operational and programmatic stakeholders, as well as third- party vendors and partners. The Director will have oversight for IT operating budget and management of a distributed team of three, will collaborate closely with the Manager of Information Technology. This position will be based in Houston, TX or Washington, D.C., and will have regular travel to all offices.
- Provide direction and thought leadership to the organization relative to effective and efficient use of technology, information and knowledge management strategies, and information security.
- Identifies business and operational needs and translates those needs into technology decisions.
- Lead the IT support function to ensure superior customer service and user support through staff, outsourced provider team members, and vendor/partner relationship management.
- Ensure IT and cyber security best practices and compliance are monitored, upheld and implemented.
- Design and establish disaster recovery and incident response procedures to ensure retrieval/recovery of corporate systems and data.
- Monitor and evaluate third-party vendors and partners to ensure performance.
- Develop and implement policies, standards, practices, and security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing and to safeguard corporate systems and data.
- Design, refine and deliver a training program for new employees onboarding, and ongoing training for existing employees on cybersecurity
- Lead and manage a nationwide team of staff and third-party IT vendors and partners overseeing all IT infrastructure and operations for all three office locations (TX/DC/NY).
- Perform technical hands-on work alongside team members in tasks/projects related to Help Desk, network engineering, cloud systems administration, data storage and backups and related technologies, platforms and applications.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 15 years of experience working in IT operations with at least 10 years of hand-on responsibility for planning and managing enterprise IT infrastructure projects
- At least 5 years of experience of being the actual hiring manager and supervisor in an IT team
- Hands-on technical experience in implementing, upgrading, and supporting Microsoft 365 cloud systems, including Azure AD, Intune and related API systems
- Deep expertise in cybersecurity in a Microsoft 365 cloud-based infrastructure
- Commitment to securely creating the best end user experience
- Exceptional analytical, and critical thinking skills, as well as outstanding problem-solving abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to synthesize large amounts of information (technical, legal, financial, and anecdotal) and communicate clearly key information
- Proven ability to evaluate, improve, manage, and maintain systems and processes, including various technology software, hardware and processes, strong commitment to continuous improvement
Our Culture and Core Values
Our culture seeks to inspire and empower our people to innovate and develop bold ideas that will help Arnold Ventures achieve lasting impact. Our culture, and the core values that support it, should create an environment that spurs our team to think outside the box, feel comfortable pushing the boundaries of what is possible, and signal confidence in our team’s ability to make change happen through our philanthropic efforts. Here are some examples of our core values and work culture in action.
- We have a proven commitment to and passion for racial and social justice.
- We are adaptable and comfortable with ambiguity.
- We are intellectually curious, open-minded, objective, humble, collegial, and receptive to feedback.
- We are action-oriented with strong self-direction and self-motivation skills with the ability to work simultaneously on multiple projects.
- We are able to interact confidently and collaboratively with team members and navigate relationships with external partners, peers, and stakeholders.
Arnold Ventures’ values are integral to our lived experience. They genuinely reflect who we are as an organization, help us accelerate our strategic goals, strengthen our resolve, anchor us to our mission, and guide our decision-making. The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following core values that inspire the Arnold Ventures team to make a difference.
- Respect for Ourselves & Others
- Audacious Action
- Collaborative Engagement
- Depth of Thought
- Clear Communication
Arnold Ventures is an equal opportunity employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, gender identity or expression, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, military/veteran status, or any basis prohibited by applicable law.
Acknowledging the importance of diverse perspectives, Arnold Ventures is committed to employing individuals from a variety of backgrounds and with a variety of experiences. Members of historically marginalized communities and candidates who have been impacted by the systems we are seeking to change are strongly encouraged to apply.
- provided by Dice