If you want to achieve more in your mission of health care, you have to be really smart about the business of health care. Financial discipline and accountability count more today than ever. Which is why your performance and innovation will find a reception here like nowhere else as you help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
The Director of Finance is responsible for leading a team of associates in all aspects of financial analytics, planning, and reporting in support of our Account Management teams and the clients they manage.
If you are located in Eden Prairie, MN or Schaumburg, IL, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
- Provide primary financial support for one of the OptumRx business divisions and partner with the segment president to help meet and drive their financial objectives.
- Lead a team of analysts and become the experts for understanding the client’s financials for the segment portfolio.
- Transform the existing relationship between the Finance team and the Account Management to jointly design strategic opportunities to initiate additional profitable client growth.
- Develop deep knowledge of the client’s unique plan designs and analyze volume, revenue, and margin across all OptumRx channels (retail, home delivery, Specialty). Anticipate profitability changes as client plan designs change and react quickly to unusual trends.
- Develop actionable recommendations supported by metrics and/or financial data
- Create and maintain a tight alignment with the pricing team and become active participants in understanding client renewal cycles and the overall financial drivers and implications to their renewals or market checks.
- Oversee preparation and analysis of budgets, forecasts, business and operational plans including presenting financial narratives, metrics, and recommendations to business leaders
- Develop, implement, and maintain processes and procedures for accurate and timely analysis of financial and operational data, ensuring best practices
- Interface and collaborate with stakeholders across the broad organization to supporting analytic needs to drive discipline and rigor in business planning and performance.
- Demonstrate strong leadership, company values, and communication skills with ability to relate to all levels of the enterprise
- Lead and develop team members, manage workload, training, performance evaluation, and building effective teams
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Undergraduate degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- 10+ years of experience in multiple Finance disciplines
- 5+ years of managerial and leadership experience of a broad spectrum of professional finance staff (e.g. accounting, medical analysis, financial analysis, budgeting, actuarial, underwriting)
- Working knowledge of financial systems, statements and reports
- Experience partnering with, leading and influencing multiple teams responsible for complex operations
- Experience working with analytical skills; experience quickly aggregating and analyzing information and draw conclusions; experience interpreting a strategic vision into an operational model
- Experience in developing, executing, and evolving large scale strategies and capabilities
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- PBM Experience
- MBA or CPA
- Power BI
- Advanced analytical skills
- CRM experience (Salesforce)
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director of Finance, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, Schaumburg, IL, Illinois, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote