Team Size: 30+
Location: Houston, Texas
The Role: Director of Finance
Vanderbloemen serves churches, schools, nonprofits, and Christian businesses through innovative staffing, compensation, succession, and consulting solutions.
Founded in 2010 by William and Adrienne Vanderbloemen, the company was started out of a deep passion for local churches that would have pastoral vacancies for years, thus minimizing their effectiveness in their communities. After pastoring for 15 years and then working as a corporate Executive Search Consultant, William believed there was a better way to help churches move through this transition.
Fast forward to 2022 and Vanderbloemen now has over 30 employees working for the firm. We have successfully completed more than 1,000 searches in 48 of the 50 states in the U.S and eight countries around the world.
Searches involving Senior Pastor succession are an area of particular expertise. In addition to search work, the firm also provides services in staff consulting, succession planning, diversity consulting, and compensation analysis.
To serve the Body of Christ by building a company that helps growing churches and ministries across the globe find great staff, and to become the premier resource for team and talent solutions in the Kingdom.
- Broadband Love
- Unusual Servanthood
- Wow-Making Excellence
- Ridiculous Responsiveness
- Solution Side Living
- Ever-Increasing Agility
- Stewardship of Life
- Constant Improvement
- Contagious Fun
About the Director of Finance:
The Director of Finance will be responsible for all financial and payroll aspects of a multi-million dollar revenue service company, which will include accounts receivable, accounts payable, cash management, budgeting, and financial reporting.
The Director of Finance's Responsibilities:
The effective Director of Finance will achieve the following goals:
- Create and maintain detailed financial files.
- Report accurate financial reports to the executive team including the balance sheet, P&L, cash flow, and A/R aging reports.
- Short and long-range forecasting of cash and profit projections.
- Manage travel expense reporting and travel budgets.
- Handle accounts payable and accounts receivable. Including follow-up on overdue invoices.
- Interact with clients relating to the management of their accounts.
- Set up invoicing and charges for client accounts.
- Process bi-monthly payroll and administer 401k plan for staff of 30+.
- Produce all financial reports and communicate departmental progress monthly.
- Write and maintain updates to all standard operating procedures and policies relating to finance.
- Maintain contracts associated with software technology and equipment.
What You Bring:
Education and Experience
- A minimum of a BA degree is required.
- Experience working in a fast-paced small business environment would be considered a plus.
- Professional qualifications such as CFA/CPA are preferred.
- At least 5 years of overall professional experience is preferred.
- Experience with the responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data and reporting.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Proficient user of finance software, specifically Quickbooks online, Concur, Bill.com and Paylocity.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ridiculous responsiveness.
- Working knowledge of all statutory legislation and regulations.
- The ideal Director of Finance would be a flexible multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, they would be experienced in creative problem solving both individually and collaboratively.
- Strict confidentiality of the information, processes, and finances managed.
- Passionate about the Big “C” Church and its mission, including those churches that might differ from personal theology.
- Joyful in serving all churches, all denominations, all styles of worship, and theology.
- A self-starter – someone who is strongly motivated and shows initiative.
- Exhibits a spirit of flexibility and is very willing to accept and lead through change.
- Exudes a strong relational personality to potential clients.
- A demonstrated high level of integrity, guided by a sound set of moral principles.
- The chemistry that “fits” with the Vanderbloemen ethos and culture.
- A strong work ethic and high energy.
- A team player and team builder who focuses on the good of the entire organization and can inspire teams to work together to achieve organizational excellence.
What it's Like to Live in Houston, Texas:
Houston is the 4th largest city in the United States and the largest city in the state of Texas. According to the 2010 U.S. Census, the city had a population of 2.1 million people within an area of 579 square miles.
Houston is the home of the Texas Medical Center, the world's largest concentration of healthcare, research institutions, and NASA's Johnson Space Center where the Mission Control Center is located.
Rated as a global city, Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in energy, manufacturing, aeronautics, and transportation. It is also leading in health care sectors and building oilfield equipment; only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters. The Port of Houston ranks first in the United States in international waterborne tonnage handled and second in all cargo tonnage handled. The city has a population with various ethnic and religious backgrounds and a large and growing international community. It is home to many cultural institutions and exhibits, which attract more than 7 million visitors a year to the Museum District. Houston has an active visual and performing arts scene in the Theater District, and offers year-round resident companies in all major performing arts.