Ref ID: 04040-0011871410
Classification: VP/Director of Finance
Compensation: $95000.00 to $105000.00 yearly
Are you a "Mission Driven" person? Does making a difference mean the difference to you between a job and a rewarding career? If so, we have the role for you! Our client, a local affiliate of a major national charitable organization, is looking for you to come on board as their next Director of Finance! The Director of Finance manages all financial functions including: accounting, payroll, accounts payable, grant accounting, financial operations, budgeting, employee benefits, insurance coverage, financial reporting, annual audit and tax form preparation. The Director of Finance will also over see staff development and policy and procedure documentation, and be the point person for all finance and accounting related matters!
MAJOR JOB TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Establish and implement policies and procedures for all financial management functions, ensuring appropriate controls and compliance with generally accepted accounting practices.
2. Lead and collaborate with the Leadership Team, Programs Department, Development Department and Board of Directors (BOD) to develop annual income and expense budget for Organization and each Club/Site.
3. Provide timely and complete reporting of financial results to BOD and Club Leadership to maintain the fiscal health of the Organization.
4. Work closely with Finance Committee and Program Leadership to:
a. Maintain, analyze, and interpret general ledger for all club operations, administration and development.
b. Reconcile and analyze all cash and other balance sheet accounts daily/monthly.
c. Manage the preparation and analysis of financial reports on a monthly, annual and as needed basis.
d. Control and monitor monthly organization actual expenditures against budget.
5. Manage annual audit and coordination with outside auditors. Coordinate internal control audit; prepare annual financial review and audit schedules; Present annual audit report and audit findings to BOD, Committees and Leadership Team.
6. Prepare annual IRS Form 990 for BGCGH & the BGCGH Foundation. Review with the Finance Committee for compliance and accuracy. Present to Executive Committee for approval to file with IRS by deadline.
7. Prepare financial results for annual BGCA and United Way reports and other financial reports and analysis as needed and requested.
8. Ensure the maintenance of financial records and recordkeeping systems to ensure compliance with all regulations, generally accepted accounting practices and requirements of government contracts.
9. Prepare monthly and annual cash flow forecast; including updating monthly budgeted cash flow with actual monthly results. Collaborate with Development Department to update revenue forecasts.
10. Ensure a productive work environment within the finance and accounting function.
11. Oversee and have a working knowledge of all duties of other staff within the Finance Department, including the following functions: accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, federal grant budgeting and reporting, annual 1099 reporting, and other projects as requested.