About KB Home
KB Home (NYSE: KBH) is one of the largest and most recognized homebuilders in the United States and has been building quality homes for over 60 years. Today, KB Home operates in 38 markets across eight states, serving a wide array of buyer groups. What sets us apart is giving our customers the ability to personalize their homes from homesites and floor plans to cabinets and countertops, at a price that fits their needs. And as the first builder ever to make every home we build ENERGY STAR® certified, KB Home is able to not only design thoughtful living spaces but ones that lower the cost of homeownership. We also work with our customers every step of the way, building strong personal relationships so they have a real partner in the homebuying process and the experience is as simple and easy as possible. Learn more about how we build homes built on relationships by visiting kbhome.com.
JOB SUMMARY: Under limited supervision, the Director of Finance shares responsibility with the VP Finance for the creation of divisional business plans, budgets, forecasting and quarterly updates, as well as overseeing the accuracy of the accounting and internal financial reporting. The position must help to ensure financial integrity of the division in all aspects of reporting and the adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and company accounting policies, preparation of annual business plans, and safeguarding of assets. The Director of Finance is also responsible for communicating significant accounting issues to the VPF and the company's centralized accounting center. The Director of Finance also assists with overseeing the sales contracts administration function of the division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares annual business plans, quarterly forecasts, and monthly flashes to submit to the corporate office. Continually identifies and pro-actively manages execution failings compared to these submissions and partners with VPF on material changes on a timely basis.
- Creates and facilitates the execution of action plans to achieve specific results when necessary. Participates in the formulation of key business strategies and partners with the VPF to ensure execution of strategies. Partners with other disciplines to develop and implement best practices to achieve the division's goals. Recommends enhancements to internal reports to better support management's needs.
- Identifies cost savings and other profit enhancing strategies for the division. Works with VPF to maximize long term divisional growth, profits and return on capital by identifying/recommending opportunities to maximize profit equation. Periodically reviews division's costs and expenses and provides suggestions to ensure the lowest possible cost per unit is achieved.
- Actively participates in the land acquisition process and understands the divisions land pipeline, while ensuring the land pipeline supports high growth and market dominance with minimal risk to the Division's budget. Oversees the land development budgets and works closely with land development managers to facilitate the timely updating and analysis of these budgets along with the timely collection of MUD receivables.
- Monitors and approves field purchase orders, check requests, security requests, lot starts, and recurring monthly payments.
- Bachelor's Degree required in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Master's Degree preferred in Business, Finance or Accounting
- Current CPA license or qualified and willing to obtain licensure
- Demonstrated success in the homebuilding industry as executive professional in finance or accounting.
- 6+ years of related financial management experience
- 4 + years of CPA/Public accounting experience
- Progressive levels of management responsibility within publicly traded organizations
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Strong technical and analytical skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Excel (at least intermediate level)
- Strong verbal and written communication, with the ability to take complex concepts and communicate succinctly and accurately
- Strong ability to work within a team-setting, inclusive of other's ideas
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Conflict and Change Management skills
- Strong Business Acumen
- Demonstrated leadership abilities, including strategic planning, being results oriented, and a strong team motivator
- Must work 8-hour days (during core business hours) with flexibility for overtime when necessary
- Must conduct business in a professional and ethical manner to potential buyers, external business associates and coworkers to reinforce goodwill and profitability for the company.
Find out why KB Home is attracting and retaining the best employees! If you are interested and qualified, please apply now. KB Home provides above average compensation packages and earnings potential, full benefits, an outstanding 401K matching program, bonus plans and amazing promotional opportunities. KB Home is an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring a diverse work team. Diversity is important to KB Home!
This position is being recruited by ManpowerGroup Talent Solutions RPO, on behalf of KB Home. Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.