MOGAS is seeking a strategic leader to fill our open opportunity for Director - Marketing & Technology. This role will effectively direct and oversee all efforts for the Marketing, Technology and R&D groups, ensuring that the company is taking a strategic and forward thinking approach, looking at the big picture and collaborating internally to achieve our strategic plan business plan objectives.
Essential responsibilities include:
- Effectively lead and develop the Product Management, Marketing, Branding and Communication, Market Analysis, Technology and R&D groups to:
- Successfully develop new products or product enhancements to shorten time to market
- Proactively lead MOGAS' internal and external customer focus, ensuring:
- Lead quarterly / yearly pricing reviews with Regional Sales Managers / Directors
- Seamless handoffs between internal groups
- Visiting customer sites to analyze field issues
- Drive value engineering exercise each year to look for opportunities to reduce product cost
- Oversee failure analysis of field valve failures
- Successfully collaborate and strategize with Executive Leadership team to lead the development of three-year strategic plan business plan; Partners with Executive Leadership Team to develop acquisition strategies, identify and assess opportunities, approach acquisition targets etc.
- Serve as the ultimate technical authority and subject matter expert keeping MOGAS' reputation of quality severe service application specific products at the forefront
- Stay abreast on latest technological advancements in design and manufacturing of MOGAS products and offerings
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering (Master’s degree in engineering/MBA preferred)
- 10+ years of leading and managing R&D and Technology teams in an international manufacturing and service environment
- 10+ years of experience in leading severe service valve design projects for global applications in mining, power generation, oil and gas and refining industries
- 5 to 7 years of Product Management experience in B2B preferred
- 3+ years of experience managing diverse, complex engineering projects
Additionally, the candidate must prove the following experience:
- Strategic leader with an ability to look at the big picture and make tough decisions to influence the overall health of the business
- Established track record as a proactive engineering leader – demonstrating the successful achievement of on-time, on-budget deliverables while meeting/exceeding the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated leadership capability in successfully leading teams of engineering professionals in a global business structure.