Director HR, HSE
Are you an energetic team player looking to make a difference? We are always looking for talented professionals to succeed and grow with us. We value innovative people who are looking for a challenge and are able to adapt to rapid and continuous change. As a valued employee, you must be flexible and able to meet any challenges that come your way. Are you ready to join us?
As the Director HR, HSE, you’ll be the primary leader and change agent for the Human Resource (HR) and Health Safety & Environmental (HSE) function of a well-known power generation and construction & mining equipment distribution company.
Our client is a results-driven, operations oriented, HR and HSE thought leader who can immediately dive into the operational aspects of the business to increase operational capability and professionalism of these critical business support functions. This role offers significant visibility, resource support, career and business growth potential and a unique opportunity to affect change in a thoughtful and measured way. You’ll be expected to play a critical role in the continued advancement of this 96-year-old, financially strong, private and family-owned business, currently into its 4th generation.
Your primary responsibility will be to oversee management of the company’s most important asset: it’s people. You’ll be developing and refining HR policies, programs and practices, and coordinate human resources activities such as recruiting, performance management, career development and succession planning, compensation and benefits, employee relations and training. As head of HSE, you’ll be responsible for the design, implementation, communication and coordination of all environmental, health, and safety programs for the company. You’ll lead the development and provide technical and administrative direction on all HSE decisions which bear critical importance to overall company objectives, operations, and profitability.
- For the first year, focus intensely on assessing and improving safety processes through the Corporate Safety Committee and optimization of the safety support function.
- Expand the reach of the employee training and development program, which is a key component of the firm’s focus on safety training, leadership training, employee development, and succession planning at all levels of the company.
- Design and implement world class processes, policies, and procedures for both functions to create the foundation for expansion to new markets and provide employees greater opportunities to thrive and succeed.
- Create presentation of HS&E issues to customers, suppliers and other key outside partners. This role will be actively involved in both the sales and account management process and will have direct access to clients.
- Build on the internal recruiting capabilities of the company in order to more effectively hire personnel needed to take advantage of growth opportunities.
- Support compliance with specific recordkeeping requirements of OSHA, EPA, and other regulatory agencies at the federal, state, and local levels.