At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.
Position is responsible for developing and implementing technical, personal development, and customer service training for all employees.
Education: Masters degree or equivalent experience
Experience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Excellent communication skills
- Solid progressive interpersonal relationship skills
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating our culture in all internal and external customer interactions; delivers on our brand promise of "we advance health" through innovation, accountability, empowerment, collaboration, compassion and results while ensuring one Memorial Hermann.
- Hires, trains, evaluates, disciplines and supervises staff as appropriate.
- Administers departmental budget and reviews financial records on expenditures. Assures that revenue, expenses, contribution margin and FTE's meet or exceed budget; prepares and submits budget and related reports; forecasts and accurately projects expenses; takes corrective action to address negative variances; identifies and proposes capital budget items appropriately.
- Develops and implements training programs for technical, administrative, clinical, and physician personnel.
- Develops, revises and updates current training/in-service programs.
- Monitors the effectiveness of training seminars and its effect on service, productivity, turnover and member enrollment.
- Monitors the development and implementation of attendance tracking for technical, administrative, and clinical training programs.
- Oversees the development of training quality evaluation tools.
- Establishes and implements uniform policies regarding training and education.
- Interfaces with management personnel throughout the system in addressing training and education needs of employees and physicians.
- Ensures development and maintenance of accurate catalog of training seminars and in-services programs available.
- Oversees association publications and assists in marketing endeavors including print and video.
- Participates in the development of a Continuous Quality Improvement program for all levels of employees and physicians.
- Ensures the department operates within JCAHO standards and OSHA guidelines.
- Ability to implement learning initiatives that impact large groups of individuals (larger hospitals).
- Ability to coordinate developmental methodologies from not only a hospital but a system prospective.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education, skills competency, supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor, and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.