At NRG, we’re bringing the power of energy to people and organizations by putting customers at the center of everything we do. We generate electricity and provide energy solutions and natural gas to millions of customers through our diverse portfolio of retail brands. A Fortune 500 company, operating in the United States and Canada, NRG delivers innovative solutions while advocating for competitive energy markets and customer choice, working towards a sustainable energy future. More information is available at www.nrg.com. Connect with NRG on Facebook, LinkedIn and follow us on Twitter @nrgenergy.
Reporting to the Vice President & General Manager for NRG Home Canada this important leadership role will be responsible for building a team of motivated and high performing managers accountable for driving all elements of brand and campaign marketing performance. This role will create, execute and optimize how the brand comes to life in market while developing and delivering regional multi-channel marketing strategies to successfully acquire and retain customers. These strategies and tactics will optimize regional brand performance and ensure continuity across NRG Home. This role will lead traditional and new media planning and execution - including mass, social media, digital advertising, and SEO as well as creative development and optimization of all mass media, .com, digital and channel / partner creative.
- Deploy thought leadership to drive the Brand and Creative vision, priorities and operational planning which will enhance customer relationships and lifetime value.
- Design and manage best in class brand and marketing campaign performance for customer loyalty and likelihood-to-recommend.
- Develops and delivers impactful, integrated multi-channel brand programs, media planning, digital and traditional campaigns ensuring consistent messaging with established brand standards.
- Lead and evaluate the success of executed strategies to achieve continuous improvement in unaided awareness, channel response metrics, marketing ROI, time-to-market and internal creative delivery.
- Direct internal and vendor partner/agency performance by ensuring clear expectations and appropriate governance.
- Lead creative development and prospect/ customer segmentation with agency partners utilizing market insights and data to identify growth opportunities, engage customers and optimize performance.
- Continuously drive and develop digital marketing campaign strategy for acquisition and retention which integrates product, channel, CX, promotion and message (ie: paid search, affiliate marketing, display, email, SEO).
- Drives community/employee communications and engagement that aligns with GTM strategy & business goals.
- Capable of developing, growing and mentoring a high-performance organization including career and succession planning. Champion of performance management, recognition programs and employee engagement best practices.
- With the objective of extending the life time value of our retail portfolio, this position will work collaboratively across the Canada leadership team to improve customer count, retention, NPS, adjusted revenue and employee engagement.
- Effectively build relationships both internally and externally to ensure service delivery that achieves business strategy.
- Open office environment.
- Some overtime required as special projects arise.
- International travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is required. Degree in Marketing, Business or related field of study is preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years of general business marketing experience.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in digital or e-commerce with a proven track record of customer and product growth.
- Minimum of 5 years managing people and leading a high-performance work team.
- Knowledge of the Alberta retail natural gas and electricity market.
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Understanding of performance measurement concepts including advanced analytical skills.
- Self-managed, takes responsibility and is accountable for all actions and decisions, learns from past experiences, exercises sound judgment, pushes self and others for the very best outcome for our customers.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and able to use good judgment to make recommendations and decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate team members and coordinate cross functional teams not under their direct supervision.
- Must understand strategic drivers with an attention to detail.
- Effectively communicates with executive management, other employees and external customers both verbally and through presentations/written documents.
- Strong work ethic and leadership skills.
- Strong project management and organization skills - delivers to milestone dates, manages resources effectively, and can juggle multiple activities at once to accomplish goals.
- Ability to think strategically and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- Able to work effectively and build relationships at all levels.
- Able to work independently and with teams.
- Ability to establish new processes and systems.
- Responsive and flexible.
- Excellent technical skills utilizing a Windows environment including spreadsheets, presentations, databases, and word processing.
NRG Energy is committed to a drug and alcohol free workplace. To the extent permitted by law and any applicable collective bargaining agreement, employees are subject to periodic random drug testing, and post-accident and reasonable suspicion drug and alcohol testing. EOE AA M/F/Protected Veteran Status/Disability
EEO is the Law Poster (The poster can be found at http://www.eeoc.gov/employers/upload/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdf)
Level, Title and/or Salary may be adjusted based on the applicant's experience or skills.
Official description on file with Human Resources