Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Optum Advisory Services is seeking an experienced analytical platforms expert to serve as the Director of Analytics COE Platforms and Technology for the newly established Analytics Center of Excellence (COE). Reporting to the Managing Director of the COE, this role is responsible for leading global talent to establish and maintain best-in-class processes for a rapidly expanding set of clients across various platforms, including data engineering and integration, reporting and analytics, business intelligence, data science, data governance, and cloud-based and hosted platforms. The creation, optimization, maintenance, and deployment of infrastructure and technology will require the effective leadership of a diverse set of analytic technical talent including platform architects, data engineers, data architects, and quality assurance subject matter experts.
In addition to guiding global talent, the Director of Analytics COE Platforms and Technology will be responsible for driving adherence to best practices and ensuring platform administration enables actionable insights and client value. This person will be accountable for data integrity within the systems across a breadth of the health care ecosystem (e.g., clinical, financial, operational, claims, and EHR data). Moreover, this role will create operating frameworks that encourage the team to continually innovate and optimize. This person will lead the platform integration between clients and Optum systems, including hiring and management of personnel, designing and deployment of unified standards, ensuring fulfillment of customer needs, and the overall quality of output. The Director of Analytics COE Platforms and Technology should strive to continuously improve the quality and effectiveness of the platform and data infrastructure as well as the efficiency and scalability of the processes to produce value for clients.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Guide and support best practices
- Partner with the director of analytics delivery, the director of analytics operations, and client leaders to optimize the value of analytics within client organizations
- Create plans and accountability to ensure that the analytical platforms team is generating value for each partner organization, meeting expectations, and achieving stated goals
- Lead platform operations of the systems across COE clients, including the design and creation of systems and data integration
- Oversee the back-end support of powerful analytics and tools, including data architecture and data modeling
- Work closely with the information technology teams for each client to support the evolution of data warehousing and data management operations
- Monitor the performance of the environment and processes
- Oversee the adoption of best-in-class scheduling and maintenance processes
- Seamlessly implement changes and updates in collaboration with onsite client teams
- Delivering best-in-class platform design and performance
- Design, grow, and promote the adoption of cloud-based enterprise data lake(s) and advanced analytic platforms
- Design, grow, and promote the adoption of data strategy, planning, and stewardship
- Provide leadership for the COE analytical platforms team that creates and maintains a framework for effective administration and deployment
- Channel diverse perspectives to craft elegant solutions to complex technical challenges
- Continuously refine techniques to push the boundaries of platform effectiveness
- Provide leadership for the analytical platforms team to harness the value of talent and processes to deliver high-quality outputs
- Expanding efficiency & scale
- Create efficient processes that move efforts toward automation and ensure that the COE analytical platforms staff is working at top-of-license
- Identify areas of opportunity to drive scalable processes or tools, including architectural designs that enable reusability, data engineering processes that streamline integration, and platform design and setup that bolster performance
- Promote standardization, documentation, scalability, and process enhancements to achieve quality and efficiency gains
- Deliver cross-client optimization that creates economies of scale
- Creating an engaging culture
- Lead the hiring process for the analytical platforms team that expands the diversity of subject matter expertise, skills, knowledge, and talent needed to solve the analytical platform and technology needs of client partners
- Roll out new quality processes and build the competencies in new or evolving client technology platforms
- Implement and facilitate an effective decision-making framework that emphasizes agility, effectiveness, and engagement
- Support career pathing and professional development within the analytical platform team of the COE
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in analytics, management information systems, network & system administration, informatics, health care administration, operations leadership, mathematics, or related field
- 4+ years of experience in different aspects of provider health system analytics (data architecture, business intelligence, program/product management, platform administration/operations, data science, data engineering, machine learning, artificial intelligence, and/or health care financial modeling)
- 8+ years of experience designing and implementing on-premise, cloud and/or big data-based client analytical ecosystems that support data aggregation, scalable content enrichments, insight generation, and sophisticated content dissemination methodologies
- 3+ years of experience leading analytical platform and/or technology teams
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Master’s Degree in analytics, business, mathematics, finance, information technology, computer science, health care administration, operations leadership, or related field
- Advanced Certifications in analytics, analytical platforms, business, human organizational development, information systems, data science, machine learning, artificial intelligence, product development, Agile, project management, process improvement, or related areas
- Experience and credibility interacting with analytics and technology leadership
- Experience creating, training, and deploying machine learning models
- Experience producing complex business logic, models, analytical methodologies, or algorithms to create new insights
- Experience working with industry standard data storage systems to manage big data needs that power analytics (e.g. relational and non-relational data stores)
- Experience working with cloud based analytical platforms
- Experience leading cross-functional efforts, with proven success in creating health care analytics
- Experience building dynamic analytical teams, creating broad analytical capabilities, and managing sophisticated analytical platforms
- Experience leading large analytical organizations
- Analytics related experience with common data systems used by health care delivery systems (e.g. EHR, patient management, claims adjudication, financial, workforce management, care management)
- Health system analytics professional experience, with extensive focus in most of the following areas:
- Advanced Analytics Including Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence
- Data Science
- Data Enrichment
- Business Intelligence
- User Requirement Translation
- Analytical Storytelling
- Program/Product Management
- Solid working knowledge of healthcare analytics and background in health care organizations
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Ability to support numerous concurrent client initiatives or projects
- Ability to communicate complex concepts verbally and in writing
- Ability to lead socialization and consensus building efforts for innovative solutions
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $110,200 to $211,700. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drugfree workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Director, Analytics COE Platforms and Technology, Cloud, Big Data, Director of Analytics, Director of Cloud Technology, Eden Prairie, MN, Minnesota, United States, Work At Home, Remote, Work From Home, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting