Forestar Group Inc. is a residential lot development company and a majority-owned subsidiary of D.R. Horton, Inc., the largest homebuilder by volume in the United States since 2002.
Forestar Group is currently looking for a Residential Land Development Director. The right candidate will be responsible for coordinating and managing the land development functions for a specific area to ensure timely completion to meet the company’s business plans and objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage all land development activity in assigned projects for a specific area
- Oversee due diligence on prospective projects to include review of preliminary budgets and schedules; review of site related reports, development orders and plat requirements; review and provide comments on engineering plans, plats, and landscape plans; interface with local government as needed to determine the viability of a project; and review and provide comments on Investment Committee packages
- Select land development contractors and suppliers
- Execute community development plans including construction of streets, utilities (wet and dry), amenities, common areas, storm water management facilities and entrances
- Create and maintain development budgets
- Review and approve monthly contractor pay applications
- Interact with county and/or municipal governments on various issues surrounding permitting, development and construction
- Direct a team of consultants during the construction of a project such as engineers, land planners, surveyors, landscape architects, land use attorneys, etc.
- Responsible for preliminary and final platting of developments
- Management of builder group to ensure compliance with contract terms and proper operation
- Ensure clean and safe conditions within all communities
- Conduct on-site inspections, startups, final walkthrough, turnovers, etc. as required for the project
- Attend various community and/or governmental meetings
- Conducts all business in a professional and ethical manner to serve customers and increase the goodwill and profit of the company
- Ability to travel overnight
- Valid driver’s license and a vehicle
- Review project status reports submitted by Development Managers
- Collaborate with Development Managers on department initiatives for improvement
- Ensure all aspects of the NPDES/SWPPP program for each assigned project comply. Reporting and documentation on all projects under development are current