WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Michael Baker has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Civil Designer in our growing group based in Houston, TX. The Designer will work within an interdisciplinary team including: civil engineers, structural engineers, estimators, schedulers and inspectors to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design-build and final design for ongoing projects.
- Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
- Perform drainage design for civil paving, sewer, grading and storm water drainage infrastructure; also continue to perform drafting and construction document production of more complex concepts of the same type.
- Work with engineering team in developing preliminary and final design plans and details.
- Participate in design reviews to evaluate design concepts and make recommendations
- Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred
- 10 years’ experience in CAD production of highway and civil designs
- Design experience or Design-Build project experience a plus
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for drainage / highway / civil and other infrastructure work
- Read and understand construction documents
- Profficienct with: MicroStation, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak, Inroads, OpenRoads or similar 3D stormwater modeling preferred.
- Drainage design experience a required.
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers, Designers and Constructors
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.