Michael Baker International is a leading provider of engineering, development, intelligence and technology solutions with global reach and mobility. The firm offers a comprehensive range of innovative services and solutions in support of federal, state, and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of private development and commercial clients. Michael Baker International’s focus is on the safety and security of people across the world through planning and engineering improvements to infrastructure and the environment, and through protection of our quality of life and freedom in support of national and international security. With more than $1 billion in annual revenue, Michael Baker International has more than 5,000 employees in over 80 offices located across the U.S. and internationally, and is ranked as the 26th largest design firm in the U.S. by Engineering News Record (ENR). Michael Baker International’s Mission is to make a difference by providing innovative solutions to sustain the future and further the safety, security and quality of life for people across the globe by providing the highest level of expertise, unmatched quality and effective project teams for a diverse range of projects and clients. Michael Baker International offers excellent benefit packages that includes: Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Additional Paid Time Off, Flex-Time, 401-K Retirement Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and Employee Credit Union. To learn more, please visit us on the web at www.mbakerintl.com . Michael Baker International is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disability/Veteran/e-Verify Employer
WHO WE ARE
Michael Baker International is a global leader in Engineering, Architecture and Consulting professionals dedicated to developing and implementing innovative solutions to the world’s infrastructure and environmental challenges. Supported by more than 3,000 employees in nearly 100 locations across the United States, we provide a full continuum of engineering and consulting services, including design, planning, architectural, environmental, construction and program management. Our clients include U.S. federal, state and municipal governments, foreign allied governments, and a wide range of commercial clients. Michael Baker is committed to delivering a standard of excellence that fosters a culture of innovation, collaboration and technological advancement to help solve our clients' complex challenges.
Michael Baker International’s Water Group provides innovative consulting, planning and engineering solutions for the entire spectrum of the water cycle. We have proven experience in providing a full range of professional services from scientific and technical analysis, concept through design, and construction support services. Protection and management of water resources starts at the watershed level and follows the movement of water through urban and agricultural areas, streams, lakes and reservoirs, water distribution systems, wastewater collection systems, and water/wastewater treatment plants.
Michael Baker has an immediate opening for a dynamic Senior Civil Designer in our growing group based in Houston, TX. The Designer will work within an interdisciplinary team including: geotechnical engineers, structural engineers, roadway engineers, estimators, schedulers and inspectors to perform engineering analysis and design in support of design-build and final design for ongoing projects.
The Designer will perform hydrological & hydraulic calculations and modeling, assist with developing technical reports, technical exhibits and design drawings.
- Single-event and continuous rainfall modeling
- Watershed analysis, hydrograph, peak discharge development and routing
- Software experience includes: HEC1, HEC-HMS, SWMM/XP-SWMM, TR-55, and HSPF Method programs
- Pavement drainage, culverts, storm systems, pump stations, pressure pipe, bridge sizing and scour, sediment transport, revetment design, and coastal considerations for highway drainage
- Understanding of various FHWA hydraulic engineering circulars and design series
- Flood analysis and knowledge of the NFIP including CLOMR and LOMRs
- Stormwater quantity / quality calculations, NPDES compliance, and erosion control requirements
- Software experience includes: HY-8, Culvert Master, HEC-RAS, HEC-GEORAS, Storm CAD, Pond Pack, and Flow Master
- Drainage Design
- Development of drainage plans, profiles, specifications and estimates for transportation and other water resources projects. This includes developing terrain and other design components via models such as Inroads, Arc-GIS and other pre and post processing software packages.
- Software experience includes: Micro Station, AutoCAD, Arc-GIS, Geopak, Inroads, OpenRoads or similar 3D stormwater modeling preferred.
- Associate or Bachelors Degree preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in CAD production of highway and civil designs
- Design experience or Design-Build project experience a plus
- General knowledge of engineering principles and materials for drainage / highway / civil and other infrastructure work
- Read and understand construction documents
- Proficiency in MicroStation
- Knowledge in AutoCAD a plus
- Knowledge in Geopak a plus
- Drainage design experience a plus
- Basic skills in Microsoft Office products (Excel, Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- The ability to clearly communicate and collaborate well with Engineers, Designers and Constructors
- Critical thinking skills necessary with the ability to plan ahead and conceptualize
MICHAEL BAKER INTERNATIONAL EEO STATEMENT
Michael Baker International is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Michael Baker International provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. Michael Baker International maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected status.
EEO is the Law. Applicants to and employees of Michael Baker International are protected under Federal law from discrimination.