Are you passionate about human space exploration or understanding the origins of the universe, and working with a dynamic and diverse team to make a difference? If you are, we need you!
We need your commitment, teamwork, and energy to help us achieve great things that inspire humans all over the globe. We need you to bring innovative ideas and diverse backgrounds to help us envision, shape, and deliver systems that will benefit the quality of life of people around the world. We are excited about what we do, and we need you on our team as we take on new challenges for NASAs pursuits in deep space exploration. Jacobs is NASAs largest engineering solutions provider working alongside NASA at centers across the United States.
We have the unique and significant role to partner with NASA at Johnson Space Center (JSC), to be part of every human spaceflight program the International Space Station (ISS), NASAs Orion spacecraft, which will carry astronauts into deep space, and Gateway, the orbiting platform providing the home for astronauts to work and travel back and forth to the moons surface, and serving as the platform for deep space exploration. From critical systems on the ISS to enable astronauts to live and work in space; to performing advanced development for systems leading to deep space exploration; to being part of the foundation for Gateway.
We also partner with NASA at JSC, the only NASA center in the United States to curate all astromaterial samples returned from exploration missions, to perform curation services, orbital debris analysis, and basic research to further humankinds understanding of the origins of our solar system.
We need you to be a part of our team!
We are currently in need of a
Deputy Group Manager - Project Development to join our team. Do you have the following skills?
Deputy Group Manager - Project Development you will:
- Provide strong leadership and management to a large group (>300 people) and others within the engineering department.
- Assist with setting the vision for the group and follow through in accomplishing the vision.
- Be able to effectively negotiate, communicate, listen and mentor/coach.
- Keep current with technologies that directly impact the group.
- Maintain technical oversight of all projects within the group and be able to help by offering technical assistance.
- Assure compliance with established Jacobs/JETS and NASA processes.
- Coordinate various functional areas such as design, analysis, test, quality, and system safety.
- Be active in the leadership team and assist the Group Manager in strategic planning and recruitment.
- Communicate status of group projects, resources and assessments to customers and to Jacobs/JETS management.
- Perform other duties as required.
This position has been posted at multiple levels. Depending on the candidate's experience, requirements and business needs, we reserve the right to consider candidates at any level for which this position has been advertised.
- BS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and a minimum of fourteen (14) years of direct engineering experience, or a MS degree in engineering from an accredited engineering school and twelve (12) years of direct engineering experience, or Ph.D. in engineering or similar from an accredited engineering school and nine (9) years of direct engineering experience.
- Strong background in Project Management and/or Systems Engineering.
- Excellent communication skills and team-oriented approach to problem-solving.
- Experience with NASA flight hardware processes (from requirements development to certification and delivery) and standards (NPR7123.1A, JPR8080.5, etc.)
- Demonstrated leadership in overseeing teams of progressively larger size and responsibilities.
- Aerospace, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering degree.
Why Work for Jacobs?
Click on the below links to view just a small sample of all that we do! Come join our team and be part of our future. We look forward to seeing you!
See What We Do
Jacobs Aerospace Solutions Overview
(please view in Chrome or Microsoft Edge)
In addition to exciting career opportunities we also have:
- Excellent personal and professional career growth
- 9/80 work schedule (every other Friday off)
- Onsite cafeteria (breakfast & lunch)
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (medical, dental & vision)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Much, much more!
For more information on our partnership with NASA at Johnson Space Center, please visit <web address removed>.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen and successfully complete a U.S. government background investigation.
- Management has the prerogative to select at any level for which this position has been advertised.
Generally an office environment, but can involve inside or outside work depending on task.
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods (90% of time). May require lifting and carrying up to 25 lbs (5% of time).
Equipment and Machines
Standard office equipment (PC, telephone, printer, etc.).
Regular attendance in accordance with established work schedule is critical. Ability to work outside normal schedule and adjust schedule to meet peak periods and surge requirements when required.
Other Essential Functions
Must be able to work in a team atmosphere. Must put forward a professional behavior that enhances productivity and promotes teamwork and cooperation. Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.