Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world. It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
The Clerical position provides data entry and administrative support to a department. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products to generate spreadsheet and reports that will assist in the recapping of overall business.
- Full ownership of all data entry responsibilities as they pertain to specific department needs.
- Take ownership of maintaining department records. Develop a user-friendly filing system for all paper and electronic documents.
- Manage incoming and outgoing communications- mail and email.
- Provide clerical support to specific departments.
- Professionally answer telephone; screen and direct phone calls.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior distribution center experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedural manuals.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interface with colleagues and people leaders.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Sense of Urgency.
- Resourceful self-starter, works well independently as well as part of a team.
- Detail oriented.
- Organization skills.
- Must be proficient in the use of computers and handheld technology.
- PC knowledge, specifically Microsoft Windows - Word and Excel.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision.
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Involves manual dexterity for using keyboard, mouse, and other office equipment.
- May involve moving or lifting items under 10 pounds.
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.
Candidates in Colorado: Click here for Pay Range and here to learn about Benefits.
Candidates in Connecticut: Click here for Pay Range
Candidates in Nevada: Click here for Pay Range