Non-CDL Driver role
Pay: $20/hr, Eligible for a quarterly bonus of up to $1000
$1,500 sign-on bonus
Location: Houston, TX
Shift Schedule: Multiple Shifts Available (AM/PM). Must be available for weekends.
We have a hunchlets call it a gut feelingthat happiness starts in your stomach. Thats why weve set out to remove the roadblocks to eating wholesome, delicious food. Our mission is to play a part in changing our food system for the better. Jar by jar, conversation by conversation, our company and every one of you is helping to change the way we eat. We are a team that cares - about the business, the impact our product makes, and each other. We are data-driven, innovative, and quick to move on a good idea. We are looking for people who want to collaborate in an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
- Traditional benefits for full-time hourly Health, Dental, Vision, Life, Short Term and Long Term Disability.
- Competitive Salary & 401K company match that vests immediately upon participation
- Generous sick leave & PTO policy
- 10 paid floating holidays
- Collaborative, dynamic work environment within a fast-paced, mission-driven company an entrepreneurial, inclusive culture and have a passion to succeed.
About the Role:
The Delivery Driver role is a crucial part of achieving our mission of making healthy food more accessible for everyone. Youll deliver food to our wholesale retail partners as well as directly to our customers homes. Your job is to own your route by making sure that deliveries are sent to the correct address, during the correct time window, and ensuring our customers are getting the best possible delivery experience. You will be the face of Farmers Fridge when making deliveries so it is crucial that you have a positive and professional attitude.
- Drivers safely and efficiently maneuver city streets in a company-owned refrigerated van, deliver food to customers, fridges, and retail partners, and then use an iPad to communicate completed deliveries
- Success will be measured by consistent on-time deliveries and your ability to follow our delivery processes
- Youll be the only Farmers Fridge employee that people see so you must be friendly and knowledgeable
Necessary knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Professional driving particularly with food shipment using a refrigerated box truck (Preferred)
- Ability to use technology: computers, Microsoft and iPads
- Some knowledge of mechanics (minor repairs to vans or smart fridges)
- Ability to read and understand delivery instructions
- Ability to lift at least 40 pounds
- Non-CDL Driver
- Friendly. Your team needs to trust and feel empowered by you. Your friendly demeanor will make them feel comfortable approaching you with problems.
- Organization. You need to have a plan for your drivers and make sure that theyre enabled to carry out their routes.
- Teamwork. Even though youll be working solo most of the time, were also a team and we need to be able to depend on one another.
- Improvement Oriented. You always look for ways to do things better, smarter, and faster.
Innovate & Elevate - We're all teachers and learners. You'll grow, and help grow the company through cross-functional collaboration, open access to leadership, and regular business updates. You have a direct impact on the companys bottom line. You can also impact your bottom line by participating in our 401(k) plan that includes a company match with immediate vesting.
Farmer’s Fridge is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
View our disclosures related to External Agencies and Applicants below: https://www.farmersfridge.com/careerdisclosures