TMC Transportation is the nation's largest employee-owned, open deck transportation company. Founded in 1972, and headquartered in Des Moines, Iowa, TMC provides expert transportation services and supply-chain management solutions throughout the 48 contiguous states. If you're seeking a rewarding career at a dynamic company built on integrity, innovation and dedication to quality and customer service, then join us in our Destination of Excellence.
- Competitive Salary
- Comprehensive Benefit Package
- 401(k) Plan
- Employee Ownership - ESOP!
TMC Transportation has an immediate full-time opening for a Dedicated Account Manager working out of our office in Houston, TX.
The primary function of a Dedicated Account Manager is to work directly with the TMC Transportation's customers' personnel and grow relationships with continued growth opportunities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with TMC Transportation customers to continue improving forecasting and capacity as needed
- Improve efficiencies in tracking and updating status of customer orders
- Work with customers to find solutions to move any last minute/critical shipments that arise
- Coordinate and monitor committed volume levels to ensure the levels are being met or exceeded on a daily/weekly basis
- Improve the efficiency and productivity of dedicated fleets through the freight selection process
- Four-year degree in Transportation and Logistics preferred, and/or relevant experience
- Ability to function in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to plan, organize, be attentive to detail, and possess strong problem-solving skills
- Strong customer solicitation skills
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organizations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Stay up to date on safety, operations, and maintenance reports and procedures