DTE is hiring Data Scientists at various levels . REMOTE opportunity but must reside in the state of Michigan.
Responsible for translating business requirements into analytical constructs and using data to propose solutions for effective decision making. Collects, validates, transforms, and cleanses data, as well as performs quantitative analysis to derive insights. Runs analytical experiments in a methodical manner and regularly evaluates alternative models and techniques. Develops predictive models to forecast business performance metrics and provides recommendations for strategic decisions. Responsible for teaching others the tools, techniques and best practices in self-service reporting, data analysis and predictive analytics.
- Performs in-depth analyses (e.g., cost-benefit, invest-divest, forecasting, predictive, what-if, impact analysis, etc.) to help the company focus on key decisions to improve safety, employee engagement, operational efficiency, product quality, and customer satisfaction
- Develops, modifies, and automates reports, builds and prototypes dashboards to provide insights, and provides analytical solutions
- Responsible for discovering insights from Big Data to help shape or meet specific business needs and goals.
- Develops and maintains analytical models through understanding data, evaluating technologies, optimizing algorithms, experimenting and validating models
- Delivers effective presentations that tell compelling stories about analytical insights
- Performs data cleansing and blending processes to produce analytic data sets for use by a variety of downstream purposes
- Implements new statistical, mathematical, machine learning or other methodologies for modeling or analysis
- Utilizes business knowledge to translate goals into data-based deliverables, such as predictive models, pattern detection analysis or optimization algorithms
- Trains and enables self-service reporting capability and use of Business Intelligence tools for supported business unit(s)
- Conducts research to identify relevant data for developing prototypes and proof-of-concepts
- Collaborates with cross-functional stakeholders to understand business needs, formulate complete end-to-end analyses that includes business requirements, data gathering, analysis, scalable solutions, and presentations
Minimum Education & Experience Requirements
This is a dual-track base requirement job; education and experience requirements can be satisfied through one of the following two options:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Econometrics, etc.) and 3 years of experience working in a data analytical or computer programming function; or Master’s degree with emphasis on coursework of a quantitative nature (e.g., Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Data Science, Industrial/Organizational Psychology and Econometrics, etc.) and 1 year of experience working in a data analytical or computer programming function